Assistant Business Manager - Cobble Court Apartments
Company: Tarragon Property Services LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- This position is designed to prepare individuals for a position
as a Business Manager. An Assistant
- Business Manager will be asked to assume greater
responsibilities upon learning and applying knowledge of all
aspects of property management as well as displaying maturity and
good judgment. The Assistant
- Business Manager serves as the individual responsible for the
property in the absence of the Business
- Manager and serves as a role model to peers.Essential Job
- Works closely with the Business Manager in learning all aspects
of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the
property in the Business Manager's absence.
- Works closely with the Business Manager in developing an
integral team that effectively sells the quality and
professionalism of Tarragon Property Services
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on
a regular basis. Offers recommendations to supervisor and property
management staff regarding improvements to the overall operation of
- Understands financial and operational reporting
- Collects and posts all rent payments from both current and
previous residents. Charges deposits and move-in fees.
- Makes daily community deposits in regard to rent collections
and any other miscellaneous income.
- Codes and processes all community invoices in Avid. Assists in
monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative
log books. Forwards coded invoices to Business Manager for approval
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and
completes follow-up activity in regard to non-payment of rent or
eviction proceedings. Also, collecting and working on past aged
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard
to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in
traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains
all current and previous resident files. Updates Weekly Property
Reports on daily basis. Containerizes past reporting and move out
- Assists manager in ensuring that all leases and addendums are
completed accurately in regard to addresses, names, rates,
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and
suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, rate
- Assists in various leasing activities as required. Maintains
up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Assists the Manager with renewals of existing residents.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to
lease and offers recommendations.
- Earns respect of leasing staff and maintenance team by
demonstrating effective leadership and example setting.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and
various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current
residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all
- Consistently maintains a professional and courteous attitude
when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Renters insurance compliance.
- Yardi E-Learning.Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and assists with resident social functions and
activities as requested.
- Assists in creating the monthly and quarterly newsletter.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as
- Run errands as necessary. May be required to drive motorized
vehicle on or off property for Company business.
- Performs other duties as assigned..
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word
documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management
software is preferablePreferred Qualifications
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Yardi Voyager software experience is a highly desired.
- Business, hospitality or property management background
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal
- Detail-oriented with a passion for organization. Ability to
engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and to consistently
- Ability to work independently and have use good judgment to
know when to ask for help and/or guidance.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees, tenants,
owners, customers, and vendors.
- Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver
well written reports and business correspondence. Ability to
present numerical data effectively.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens well and gets clarification when
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation or
circumstances; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions and in completion of tasks.
- Is a team player; volunteers readily; seeks increased
responsibilities; asks for assistance and offers help when needed
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.Physical
- Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate
and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work
documents operating standard business office equipment. The job may
require occasional site inspection visits which could include
climbing stairs and walking on uneven terrain. Ability to lift 20
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Why Work for
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational
- We encourage career growth*Tarragon Property Services will
require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This
requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of
full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of
employment - not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs
with TPS.*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.PI177075449
Keywords: Tarragon Property Services LLC, Seattle , Assistant Business Manager - Cobble Court Apartments, Executive , Pacific, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!