Senior Manager Station Operations
Company: Alaska Airlines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company Alaska AirlinesRole SummaryThis role is responsible for
balancing the strategic priorities while ensuring tactical
execution for airport operations programs at Alaska Airlines (AS).
As a people leader, the Senior Manager Airport Operations- Seattle
leads and establishes priorities for the team to promote process
changes, resulting in continual improvement in on-time performance,
customer satisfaction, staff productivity and station financial
performance while promoting a solid culture of safety and
- Lead team of station managers, operations agents, and
supervisors, and establish priorities of airport operations
programs that promote process changes.
- Shape the long-term strategy for continual improvement in
on-time performance, customer satisfaction, and staff productivity
and station financial performance.
- Develop people through effective performance management and
ongoing feedback, focusing on fostering strategic and systems
thinking across team, development of talent in airport operations,
and succession planning.
- Responsible for understanding impacts of airport construction
and facilities projects, ensuring appropriate risk mitigations and
communicating plans to impacted workgroups.
- Lead and direct the hub's cross-divisional operational
performance leadership team and drive root cause problem
identification and action plans to resolve failure points.
- Establish regular collaboration with Port leadership and other
government agencies (TSA, Port Police, etc.) to ensure Alaska's
interests are addressed.
- Influence across team on regulatory, technological, and
business changes that involve customer handling operations.
- Shape culture of the team and beyond on safety and compliance
through action, presence, and reinforcement of
behaviors.Job-Specific Experience, Education & SkillsRequired
- 7 years of airport operations experience, with at least 1 year
of this operations experience in a hub station (SEA, ANC, PDX, LAX,
- 4 years of leadership experience, with at least some of this
experience directly leading people.
- Bachelor's degree, or an additional two years of relevant
training/experience in lieu of this degree.
- Ability to build a positive work environment, which builds
effective working relationships across internal divisions and
vendor management teams.
- Proficient in LEAN process improvement principles resulting in
a work environment that strives for continual improvement.
- Strong communication (e.g., verbal, written, presentation) and
interpersonal skills, with the ability to create collaborative
relationships that drive outcomes in the best interest of the
company, with others in the organization, and with key external
- Proven strategic thinker with a track record of demonstrating
good judgement, strong business acumen, and executing plans with a
sense of urgency and a mind for safety.
- Extensive knowledge of fiscal control systems, staffing
processes, safety and security compliance.
- Solid knowledge of TSA, FAA and IATA regulations and
requirements related to customer handling.
- Strong track record effectively managing teams and experience
developing and mentoring employees through engagement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.Job-Specific Leadership
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be
kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Inspirational leader who will promote the Alaska values, act
with a high sense of urgency, and have unquestionable
- Promote a high performance culture by cultivating and
motivating direct/indirect reports through coaching, mentoring, and
by providing regular and meaningful feedback.COVID-19 Vaccination
RequirementWhere permitted by applicable law, new hires must have
received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a
sincerely held religious belief.Total RewardsAlaska Airlines and
Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number
of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited high priority space available travel privileges on
Alaska Airlines & Horizon AirApply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on
5/19/2022Employment Type Full-TimeFLSA Status
ExemptRegular/Temporary RegularRequisition ID 2022-8188Equal
Employment Opportunity Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are proud to
be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression),
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic
information (including family medical history) or other legally
protected characteristics. Qualified applicants with criminal
histories will also be considered for employment, consistent with
applicable federal, state, and local law. People of color, women,
LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. We are an E-Verify - employer, where required
Keywords: Alaska Airlines, Seattle , Senior Manager Station Operations, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!