Commercial/Retail Property Manager
Company: Phillips Edison & Company
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Description: Tarragon Property Services is recognized as one of
the leaders in managing industrial, retail and multifamily
properties in the Pacific Northwest, Tarragon Property Services is
a locally owned property management company with more than 35 years
of experience. Through our affiliated companies, our ownership
develops the properties we manage, which supports our long-term
investment in the communities where our residents live, work and
play. We strive to build lasting value and relationships in real
estate for generations. The Property Manager helps to ensure
long-term occupancy of assigned properties by providing leadership
to their team, delivering the highest level of service to its
tenants, maintaining its overall appearance and curb appeal, and
managing its operating costs and capital expenditures. Property
- Responds to and resolves tenant concerns; meets with tenants as
required to ensure that tenant needs are met, and high-quality
property management service is achieved.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and
analyze budgets, leases, and related building documents.
- Lead the property management team to ensure budgeted
maintenance, repairs and capital projects are performed on
- Interface with property vendors and contractors to ensure
prompt response to maintenance issues.
- Ensure contracted vendor services are performed on schedule and
on budget, ensuring services meet contract specifications.
- Review contract specifications and make recommendations to
General Manager for necessary changes or updates.
- Request/review/recommend bids for contracted services.
- Generate Master Service contracts, as needed, for review by
- Partner with the property management team or contracted vendors
to schedule repairs and work orders.
- Act proactively to identify opportunities to add value to
- Provide leadership to property management team and creating a
positive work environment. Financial and Reporting:
- Be the point person and partner with General Manager, Property
Accountants, and other support staff to prepare annual property
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including
executive summary, variance comments, AR narrative, and
- Prepare and present annual operating budgets, including income,
expenses, escalations and capital.
- Review and approve, within prescribed limits of authority,
- Be the point person and partner with General Manager to prepare
annual CAM estimates and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Property Accountants.
- Review monthly operating statements and prepare operational
narrative report for Asset Manager. .Requirements: Experience
- 5+ years Commercial Property Management experience.
- Prior management of staff.
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills and understanding of the
- Experience calculating CAM estimates and reconciliations are a
- Knowledge of Property Management processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and
ability to be self-directed.
- Must be pro-active and results oriented with a professional
appearance and attitude.
- Proficiency in MS Office, experience with Yardi strongly
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work
environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and abstract leases
and contracts, review plans and specifications, operating and
maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and
proactively problem solve.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours to meet various
- Willingness and demonstration of professional development and
- Must have working vehicle, ability to travel locally, valid
driver license and current auto insurance. Why work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational
- We encourage career growth Tarragon Property Services will
require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This
requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of
full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of
employment - not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs
with Tarragon Property Services. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally
protected status. PI174561879
Keywords: Phillips Edison & Company, Seattle , Commercial/Retail Property Manager, Executive , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!