Posted on: May 15, 2022
6065 - Puyallup - 202 Valley Avenue NW, Puyallup, Washington,
CarMax, the way your career should be!
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY :
Responsible for regularly managing and directing the work of a team
of Fleet Drivers, Dispatchers, Coordinators, Analysts, Logistics
Associates, or other positions deemed necessary in performing the
Transportation related operational functions within a designated
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage territory Fleet Drivers including the
performance development, scheduling and training, etc.
- Work with internal fleet drivers to share goals and strategy in
- Ensures positive associate engagement and associate development
through timely and effective feedback, to include individual
meetings, file reviews, performance management, and the Annual
Performance Review (APR) process
Executing day to day operational logistics functions:
- Problem solve and exercise judgement to make modifications to
daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Directly manage regional fleet drivers including fleet safety
within the region
- Achieve daily KPI metrics to include 98% or better on time
performance score, Bill of Lading utilization as determined in each
lane by the senior manager, dwell time management
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers
throughout the day by answering incoming calls
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers
- Monitor route changes or road construction issues and work with
drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Champion and implement both company and store initiatives for
consistent execution, continuous improvement and ensures team is
trained on CarMax standards
- Utilize reports, analyzes information, and monitors trends to
identify opportunities in the territory
- Monitors standard reporting for their territory to determine
priority level of moves.
- Communicate to key stakeholders all pertinent information
captured after all store visits, conference calls, work groups and
- Partners across Merchandising, Operations, & Sales to produce
daily ship plan with staffing targets
- Partner with third party vendors to provide fleet coverage as
- Manage daily hub operations which includes coordination of
shipping and receiving
- Partner with Senior store leadership to address operational
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs for all fleet equipment
to include scheduling and partnering with lease vendors
- Displays financial responsibility
Internal Fleet Management:
- Monitor Telogis for violations or safety concerns and provide
feedback to fleet drivers.
- Coordinates with Background Screening and ensures all internal
fleet driver DOT qualification documents, and DOT requirements, are
current and in compliance with DOT regulation.
- Work with CarMax telematics solution to measure fleet
- Communicate KPIs to ensure service alignment & visibility to
- Partner with Home Office Logistics team to align performance
and future needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management Development Program completion preferred.
Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealings with customers and
associates across departments
Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate
Make independent judgments regarding critical business
Identify business opportunities and suggest improvements
Education and/or Experience:
Previous management experience with retail management preferred.
Completion of CarMax provided training
Bachelor's Degree a plus Intermediate PC skills. Dedicated fleet or
logistics experience required.
Strong communication skills required (both oral and written) to act
as principle point of contact for the department.
Strong mathematical skills required to perform rate evaluations and
to evaluate total transportation expenditures.
Strong ability to evaluate and negotiate all related department
decisions while establishing lane rates, delivery time frames, and
acceptable timelines for dispatching.
Combination of both office and outdoor environment; may include
working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires non-manual work that may require walking or standing
for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
- Requires ability to travel 25-50% as needed.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times
working in the store.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to,
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application. Associated
topics: director, lead, leader, logistics manager, logistics
specialist, manager, supervisor, representative, warehouse,
Keywords: CarMax, Seattle , Logistics Manager, Executive , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!