Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Company: Bristol Myers Squibb
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference.PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF
POSITION:The Manufacturing Manager leads and drives the execution
of manufacturing processes according to established electronic work
instructions and production records for the manufacture of cell
therapies with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's). The
Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading a team whose
primary focus is on execution of manufacturing processes, technical
assessment of processes, maintaining a culture of compliance,
innovation, and within their functional group. Managers are
required to guide the personnel in their group with technical
knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, provide investigation
support, analyze process/equipment data, and identify and implement
process improvements.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:Key
ResponsibilitiesEstablish and/or manage a Manufacturing unit
operation team at Juno. This includes:
- Hiring, mentoring and developing exceptional individual
contributors and front-line leaders.
- Aid in driving leadership vision, department goals, tracking
and reporting KPIs, and decision-making alignment across teams'
groups within manufacturing.
- Championing a culture of teamwork and communication across the
- Championing inspection readiness efforts.
- Ensuring people have the appropriate level of training for
system and processes in manufacturing.
- Building effective cross-functional relationships both
internally within the Manufacturing.
- Leadership Team and externally across Jump.
- Ensuring a culture that embraces the safety of the work
environment and the safety of the patients by compliance with
company procedures and policies, and cGMP requirements.Participates
in the scale-up and operation of the Juno Manufacturing Plant. This
- Provides oversight of the execution of manufacturing unit
operations. These operations include but are not limited to the use
of the following equipment and or systems including manufacturing
equipment, process automation systems (i.e. Unicorn and BAS) and
supporting business systems (i.e. Oracle, ETQ, BMRAM).
- Designing and operating manufacturing systems that are
technically sound, promoting effective and efficient operations,
and complying with cGMP requirements.
- Ensuring the schedules of the people, facility, equipment,
materials, and documents are established and maintained to support
the capacity/throughput of the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining schedule adherence and cycle time.
Reports variances and communicates impact to cross functional
groups. Manage daily communication to shift employees.
- Ensures daily work coordination and distribution as demanded
through the production schedule.
- Identifying and mitigating risks in manufacturing operations
that could negatively impact delivery of safe and effective
therapies to patients.
- Act as an area/system owner - a point of contact for all work
to be carried out for the area over assigned shift and ensures a
proper shift handover and tier three communication working with
other shift team members.
- Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as
deemed fit, manage decisions- acquire feedback, input, and consult
- Provide critical update summaries and review critical
attributes to drive decisions.
- Establishing team policies, organizational structure, shift
structure, and career ladders.
- Reviewing and approving documents, including standard operating
procedures, batch records, material specifications, and validation
protocols / reports.
- Ensuring deviations, CAPA, change controls, process transfers,
and other business drivers are supported.
- Driving right first time (RFT) culture and executes
manufacturing unit operations by providing direct training,
guidance, and problem solving.
- Ensuring that communications delivered to staff member levels
are accurate, consistent and fit to vision within the functional
area supervisory group.Around the world, we are passionate about
making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases.
Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives
in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation,
urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the
highest potential of each of our colleagues.Bristol Myers Squibb
recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits,
services and programs that provide our employees with the resources
to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal
Keywords: Bristol Myers Squibb, Seattle , Manager, Manufacturing Operations, Executive , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!