Technical Program Manager, Storage
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with hardware
product experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager (TPM)
will be leading hardware development and application integration of
products in the Archival Storage space to support the
Infrastructure Engineering organization that support the Facebook
family of applications.
Technical Program Manager, Storage Responsibilities:
- Drive engineering decisions and priorities to ensure that
hardware teams are solving the most impactful problems.
- Work with customers to identify engineering requirements.
- Drive tape/archival storage roadmap and strategy decisions to
align with Facebook-wide initiatives.
- Develop and manage end-to-end integrated hardware and software
storage project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design,
development, testing, implementation, and post implementation
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects covering a
range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems,
Infrastructure Software Engineering, Capacity Management,
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation, and change management
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and
- Interface with Engineering and Application owners for project
and product requirements and scope.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware
engineering, or technical product/program management
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams,
demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical
management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale
- Experience establishing work relationships across
multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time
- Knowledge in tape hardware systems and protocols.
- Knowledge in archival storage systems.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with ODMs and other vendors.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical
infrastructure management experience.
- 4+ years of Hardware Systems Design experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta, Seattle , Technical Program Manager, Storage, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!