Software Engineering Manager, Display
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR team at Facebook is helping more
people around the world come together and connect through
world-class Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality hardware and
software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research,
machine perception, graphics, operating systems, social
interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state of the
art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR's potential to
change the world is immense.We are seeking Engineering Managers for
our Display team. The ideal candidate has solid understanding of
display pipelines, passion for low level-systems software, and
hands on experience with working on Operating Systems at the lower
Software Engineering Manager, Display Responsibilities:
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning
them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill
development, personalities, and work styles.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional
hardware and software engineering teams.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing
metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment
based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the
team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates,
participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new
- Build and lead teams designing and delivering our file system,
storage, and package lifecycle layers across devices, with an eye
towards end to end functionality.
- 8+ years of software engineering work experience, including
hands-on technical management in one or more of the following
areas: display, embedded systems, device system level engineering,
image quality, graphics, or silicon integration for mobile/embedded
- 2+ years of experience developing, coaching and managing
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years software
engineering work experience in C/C++).
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical
teams, including performance management.
- Understanding of display stack.
- Experience building Display, Video or Graphics pipelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Linux/Windows and/or
Android/AOSP system level engineering.
- Experience with System-on-Chip (SoC) integration, AOSP driver,
HAL, and native service development, power management and tools on
Linux and Android.
- Experience with AR and VR Head mounted displays.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Seattle , Software Engineering Manager, Display, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!