Pharmacy Operations Manager
Company: National Community Pharmacists Association
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Where state and federal laws/regulations allow, accountable for
performing day-to-day non-clinical pharmacy operations,
administrative activities; Ensures efficient pharmacy workflow and
a positive patient experience. Serves as a full-time certified
- Responsible for operating pharmacy systems to obtain patient
and drug information and process prescriptions. Under the
supervision of a pharmacist, supervising pharmacy technicians and
pharmacy cashiers within the guidelines of authorized company
policies, laws, regulations and business ethics.
- Responsible for the selection, scheduling, and development of
pharmacy technician personnel. Leads training, coaching, and
performance management of pharmacy technicians. Makes decisions
regarding performance management including discipline and
termination. Customer Experience
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer
complaints, helps respond to customers' requests in a timely manner
and answers non-clinical questions to ensure a positive customer
experience. Models and shares customer service best practices.
- Develops strong relationships with customers by anticipating
customer needs and proactively offering services to provide the
best experience possible when using the pharmacy. Enhances customer
experience by increasing focus on healthcare services. Operations
- Responsible for assisting pharmacist in the delivery of patient
care including patient registration, prescription data entry,
preparation of medications for patients, counting, and verifying
(where allowed by law). Completes patient and physician calls under
the supervision of a pharmacist (where allowed by law). Under the
supervision of a pharmacist assists with healthcare service
offerings including administering vaccines, health screenings, and
any health services allowed by law.
- Within the guidelines of authorized company policies, state and
federal laws/regulations, exercises independent judgment to
delegate, direct, and assign non-clinical work in the pharmacy.
Ensures tasks are completed on-time and holds others accountable
for efficient workflow.
- At the direction of the Pharmacy Manager or pharmacist,
prepares, and files reports and records required by the company and
various government agencies.
- Manages core pharmacy workflow and drives excellence in
pharmacy operations. Coordinates and organizes pharmacy daily
schedule of activities. Recommends allocation of pharmacy hours.
Assures the pharmacy is clean, neat, orderly, and stocked with
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, exercises independent
judgment to ensure compliance and execution of all business
administrative activities and pharmacy inventory management tasks
that do not require pharmacist licensure. Manages annual inventory
- Accountable for completion of non-clinical patient calls.
- Drives new technology/ process roll out, champions change and
engages team around action planning. Assures proper operation and
maintenance of pharmacy department equipment. In collaboration with
Pharmacy Manager, responsible for recordkeeping and ensuring
security safeguards are in-place.
- Under supervision of the pharmacist, strictly adheres to the
Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all
applicable prescription-dispensing activities and understands their
role in ensuring that the elements of Good Faith Dispensing are
- Maintains and applies knowledge of Company asset protection
techniques. Supports Pharmacy Manager with diversion monitoring and
reports any concerns that would compromise the security of the
pharmacy to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Communicates prescription errors to the accountable pharmacist,
and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to
pharmacy errors and the Continuous Quality Improvement
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve
customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with
insurance companies as well as medical providers and conducts or
participates in 3rd party audit.
- Assists and supports Store Manager and Pharmacy Manager in
analyzing and seeking to improve pharmacy financials, operational
quality and customer service.
- Manages Community Outreach Portal and coordinates and, at the
direction of the Pharmacy Manager, assigns pharmacists to off-site
immunization clinics and community events. Builds and sustains
relationships with retail partnerships. People & Performance
- Leads performance management of technicians including making
decisions and recommendations regarding discipline and termination.
Follows constructive discipline policy to discipline, suspend,
terminate or effectively recommend the same. Uses constructive
discipline policy to ensure pharmacy technicians are compliant with
state and federal laws. Holds technician accountable for attendance
and timeliness. Maintains and improves performance of pharmacy
through team member engagement and action planning.
- Accountable for technician hiring, on-boarding, training, and
scheduling. Monitors and holds pharmacy technicians accountable for
timely training completion. Follows established policies and
procedures set by the company for scheduling and training.
- Accountable for identifying gaps in pharmacy operations
knowledge among team members and supporting those team members in
their training, either through hands-on training or assignment of
- Assists Pharmacy Manager in monitoring that all pharmacy and
team member licensures, registrations and certifications are active
and in good standing/ compliant with all regulatory and legal
requirements. Leverages Walgreens resources such as Walgreens
Online Verification System to assist in documenting licensure
- Ensures proper procedures are followed for selection,
recruitment, record retention, and training as required by Company
policy and local, state and federal laws. Training & Personal
- Maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB
training program and/or state required
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to
pharmacy and healthcare.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and
training such as LTMP e-modules as required by the Company. Follows
performance improvement plans offered by Pharmacy Manager.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one's own
performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages
Healthcare Supervisor as mentor and coach. Communication
- Communicates with pharmacy team, relaying messages from the
support center or other key emails as required.
- Participates in key store/pharmacy meetings, including 5-minute
meetings and weekly check-ins with the Store Manager.
Keywords: National Community Pharmacists Association, Seattle , Pharmacy Operations Manager, Executive , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!