Insurance and Claims Manager
Company: Seattle Goodwill
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you are willing to work and make a positive
difference to people's life at the same time. This is for you...Job
Type: Full Time Salaried ManagerPlease submit your resume and cover
letter to be considered for the role.Skills and
- The Insurance and Claims Manager is responsible for insurance
procurement claims management. Acts as an advocate for Goodwill
when working with insurance underwriters, brokers and department
managers to identify risks and insurance needs. This role is
responsible for conducting, reporting and investigation analysis,
resolution/outcome management; and the delivery of claims
- Ensure safety compliance in accordance with Washington State
laws and Labor & Industries Department rules and regulations;
identify problems that may cause claims non-compliance.
- Research and analyze potential business loss exposures and
risks and recommend opportunities to manage and/or transfer those
- Manage business relationship with Third Party Administrator
(TPA) and communicate frequently on all new and open claims.
- Remain aware of the current status of case reserve levels and
time loss claims, and monitor outstanding claims until
- Prepare for and participate in L&I Self Insured Section
- Maintain and oversee the property and casualty insurance
program for all buildings and contents, liability exposures, and
- Ensure that all locations and any new business opportunities
undertaken by SGI are appropriately included in insurance
- Maintain a strong business relationship with the insurance
broker representing Seattle Goodwill, facilitate communications as
- Manage insurance renewal activities, including preparation of
underwriting submissions, negotiation, procurement and review for
compliance of terms and conditions.
- Review insurance policies and ensure that all required
coverages are maintained in force.
- Request and ensure that certificates of insurance are provided
as required for the normal conduct of business, special events, and
as required in contracts, agreements and leases. Maintain all
certificates of insurance issued to Seattle Goodwill.
- Provide timely and accurate insurance information to insurance
brokers; review marketing results and benchmarking make
recommendation to leadership for the most appropriate limits,
favorable coverage and renewal terms.
- Review insurance binders and policies for accuracy and
electronically store corporate insurance policies and insurance
- Process all invoices in an expeditious manner and ensure prompt
- Responsible for maintaining Risk Management policies and
procedures including organization-wide requirements for qualifying
contractors, service companies and vendors, and ensure that they
- Obtain certificates of insurance prior to third parties
commencing work in Evergreen Goodwill facilities.
- Maintain all accident and claims handling procedures and
associated documentation and provide ongoing claims handling
training to supervisors and managers.
- Notify relevant parties (insurance broker and underwriters) of
potential insurance claims in a timely manner. Track and monitor
claims and communicate as necessary between relevant parties to
- Manage Goodwill motor vehicle driver eligibility program and
- Benefits an Perks:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans
available for you and your family
- 20% employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the
- 403(b) Retirement Savings PlanEducation and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum 3- 5 years of experience in insurance and
- Strong worker's compensation and OSHA knowledge.
- Must have an aptitude for contracts and insurance policies.
Loss analysis and risk assessment experience. Certificates,
Licenses, or Registrations:
- Valid WA State driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Seattle Goodwill, Seattle , Insurance and Claims Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!