Associate Director TOPS Strategic Business Operations
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Associate Director TOPS Strategic Business OperationsTechnical
Operations & Process Sciences - Bothell, United
StatesDescriptionSeagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology
company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative
cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate
(ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of
harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to
cancer cells. Seagen's dedication to improving the lives of cancer
patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee
has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together
with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to
reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world.
Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of
opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your
passion to work at Seagen and join us!Summary:We are looking for an
Associate Director to support our Technical Operations (TOPS)
organization's long-term strategy and development to realize our
business objectives. The Associate Director will partner with the
TOPS CTO Chief of Staff and cross functional leadership teams to
create a focused vision for the business. The role will work
closely with the business units to translate the vision into clear
strategic initiatives and achievable goals for the future. If you
have a passion for turning business strategies into actionable
roadmaps and implementation, this role is for you.The Associate
Director will collaborate to assess organizational performance and
work to implement processes that improve effectiveness for the
future. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in the
business operations of the pharmaceutical process development and
manufacturing areas and demonstrate strong strategic thinking,
organizational, and analytical skills. The Associate Director will
stay abreast of industry trends and business opportunities to put
forward recommendations. The role is focused on consistent business
growth and development.
- As an Associate Director in the TOPS Strategy Operations team,
you will support the key initiatives and vision for the Technical
Operations organization for the development of the long-term
- Conducting research and analyses of TOPS operational
- Assess industry trends and benchmark best practices. Ability to
gather internal and external data that will translate into useful
and actionable insights for informed strategy formulation.
Quantitative and qualitative analyses to solve problems within the
business. Data-driven problem solving.
- Partner with the business units to formulate short and medium
term strategic options.
- Identify opportunities. Formulate the strategy and the
strategic implementation plan.
- Present findings, projections and recommended actions.
- Support and guide the decision-making processes.
- Planning, implementing and managing proposed
- Monitoring and reporting on projects and initiatives. Measuring
success. Mitigating risks.
- Develop stakeholder relationships within TOPS and Seagen
resulting in improved cross functional processes.
- Timely execution of projects to a high standard.
- Aligning departmental goals, processes, and resource
allocations with the organizational strategy.Required
- B.S. degree in a scientific field and MBA or related master's
- Preferred 10 years of industry experience with 5+ of those
years in a strategic position within the biotech/pharmaceutical
industry. Solid understanding of business operations, procedures,
and financial acumen in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company in
the areas of process development, manufacturing and supply
- Strong research and analytical abilities. Skilled at analysis
reporting, visualization tools (Spotfire/Tableau). Clear,
professional quality, engaging, and convincing reports and
- Adept at latest software and innovative tools to enhance
facilitation of strategic meetings and decision making
- A proven change agent and demonstrated experience in driving
transformations, promoting collaborations, facilitating strategic
- Skilled at quickly grasping and assimilating information across
multiple business areas to foster fact-based decision-making.
- Ability to influence senior business leadership and inspire a
cross-functional team in a unified direction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all
levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to details. Ability to work on multiple simultaneous
projects and meet deadlines without compromising quality, and have
an ability to remain composed in times of uncertainty.
- Experienced at managing staff and developing talent.As the
leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen
is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well
as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole
lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include
medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life
insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement,
relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen,
visit www.seagen.com.Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applications will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation,
color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local law.To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and
as an integral part of its public health and safety measures,
Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to
reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable
federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: IowaLifeScience, Seattle , Associate Director TOPS Strategic Business Operations, Executive , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!