Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: The Facilities Manager will help
shape the organization during a unique period of growth for the
property. An ideal candidate would have the ability to implement
forward thinking infrastructure into the Molbak's site as it
evolves. If you're looking for the opportunity to have a meaningful
impact on an organization's growth, you're going to find it here.
The Molbak's Facilities Manager has a strong customer service
orientation and takes initiative to lead a facilities team in
provisioning comprehensive facility maintenance, repair, and
improvement. The scope of work includes all aspects of building and
property maintenance over a broad range of building types and
engages with every aspect of operations. This role requires a
combination of strategic, technical, and tactical experience.Are
you a thoughtful and thorough planner with a strong sense of
responsibility, looking to join a collaborative team? If so, this
is your job!What we can offer you:
- A rewarding team environment where each employee has high
impact on business success.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, with growth and learning
- Plant and merchandise discounts.
- A mission that supports restoring the earth and connecting
others to this goal. What you will do:
- Oversee the Facilities Department and ensure that all company
facilities are safe, clean and effective for their purposes in
support of the company mission.
- Interface with every facet of the business, embracing support
and prioritizing the needs of the broader Molbak's teams.
- Perform routine audits by inspecting electrical, mechanical,
greenhouse, and HVAC systems.
- Lead the facilities team in preventative building
- Evaluate mechanical operations, recognize issues in systems and
identify appropriate solutions.
- Maintain and/or develop relationships with supply vendors and
- Prioritize schedule of facilities repairs and
- Plan facilities improvement projects, including developing
project schedules and budgets.
- Manage Facilities staff members in the performance of tasks
associated with mechanical systems maintenance and equipment
repairs, vehicle fleet maintenance, pipe fitting (irrigation, heat
systems), roof repairs, carpentry, painting, seasonal weather
preparations, emergency response to weather events and system
failures, seasonal projects, planting and maintaining indoor and
outdoor gardens and all company grounds, maintaining parking lots,
and providing janitorial services.
- Respond to urgent facilities needs of all types as
- Keep work areas neat and well-organized.
- Ensure proper storage of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Co-chair the Safety Committee and deploy necessary practices to
ensure the safe execution of tasks companywide.
- Manage facilities staff, including recruiting, hiring,
training, development, and termination.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager.
- Comply with all company guidelines and a desire to live the
brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of integrity,
energy, and enthusiasm. What you will bring:
- Strong knowledge and experience with facilities and facility
systems, including an eye for detail and an ability to 1) identify
areas in need of improvement 2) effectively troubleshoot problems
and 3) develop effective and resourceful solutions.
- Able to create a safe work environment - ensuring all staff
have appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for their
- Proven understanding of cutting-edge facility solutions and
desire to employ sustainable practices.
- Experience with mechanical systems, irrigation, and display
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent project planning, organizational and project
management skills that deliver timely execution. Ability to
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a
- Able to work on ladders and above ground level on roofs and
- Able to successfully complete company's forklift operator
- Able to work standing, walking, bending, moving, or lifting up
to 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift at least 25-50 lbs throughout the day and
occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.Experience/
- 5+ years of leadership experience in building/facilities
- Retail maintenance experience preferred.Working Environment:
Molbak's retail offices are located at our retail location in
Woodinville, WA. Indoor, outdoor and greenhouse work environments.
Outdoor work in all weather conditions.OUR CORE VALUES
- We are each 100% responsible
- We have the courage to create
- We are stewards for a better tomorrow
- We have a growth mindset
- We are a teamIf these sound like you, we are excited to talk
with you! To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral
part of its public health and safety measures, Molbak's requires
that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation
and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Molbak's may revisit this policy as pandemic conditions and public
health recommendations evolve over time. Candidates may inquire
with Human Resources with questions or accommodation requests at
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.Molbak's is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or
local laws. Molbak's makes hiring decisions based solely on
qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: Molbak's, Seattle , Facilities Manager, Executive , Woodinville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!