Technology Manager - Cloud Platform
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description & RequirementsWho we arelululemon is an innovative
performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other
athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and
functional design, we create transformational products and
experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and
being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis
on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections
we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on
creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In
particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and
growth-focused environment for our people.About this teamA core
pillar of lululemon's technology Strategy is to provide strong and
scalable foundations. Leveraging cloud, we create and manage
platforms servicing our internal stakeholders with a customer-first
mindset. We enable and empower teams to become self-sufficient,
while providing guardrails to protect the organization.The Cloud
Platform Technology Manager leads the organization through the
cloud transformation journey. In this role you will be establish
and evangelize a center for enablement to support our work in
multi-cloud environment (AWS and Azure), with a focus on improving
engineering productivity. The role includes building and operating
a central platform, leveraging modern practices, and tooling
allowing the fast adoption and usage of cloud technologies in a
federated model, focusing on self-service, frictionless engagement,
and speed to market.A day in the life:
- Provide vision and leadership to deliver best-in-class
enterprise cloud platform services.
- Responsible for understanding the cloud platform requirements
(services, features, and timing) from the customers of the Cloud
Platform services. Develops strategic plans, roadmaps, and business
cases in collaboration with technology leaders and architects.
- Builds and manages a high-performance team of architects,
engineers, product managers and analysts to deliver cloud platform
products. Inspires and motivates team to grow and achieve personal
and collective team goals.
- Resolves blockers and risks that could derail development
- Makes sure both business and engineering requirements are well
- Ensures compliance with policies (security, data handling, PCI,
accessibility, service level agreements).
- Determines correct metrics to measure the customer experience.
Ensures proper logging, operational metrices, customer intake,
alarm mechanisms, and runbooks/documentation are in place.
- Establish a sustainable on-call rotation that honors SLAs
without burning out engineers.
- Prioritize root cause resolution, software enhancements,
automated testing, and other projects that improve customer
experience and the team work environment.
- Hold postmortems and document outage impact and lessons-learned
in to ensure that problems don't repeat.
- Lead efforts for new technology selection, including Build vs
Buy assessment, development of RFI/RFP, review and evaluation
through to final recommendation.
- Proactively partner with stakeholders to ensure successful
implementation and adoption of new cloud platform technologies and
- Promote best practices and technologies, spanning cloud
org/account management strategies, VPC/Network connectivity,
compute management, IAM, cloud security across diverse delivery
teams and applications.
- Engage teams in highly collaborative activities to drive
alignment and partnership. Use effective negotiation and influence
skills to ensure priorities are met.
- Budget and project financials management.
- Vendor managed services and contract management.
- Operational support and incident
- 5+ years cloud infrastructure technical delivery experience
(AWS and Azure)
- 2+ years building and managing technology teams.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach team members and
motivate for continuous improvement.
- Expertise in championing modern ways-of-working such as Agile,
Product management, DevOps, cloud architect and related practices.
Experience in establishing standards and best practices for local
team and community.
- Keen interest in research and maintaining knowledge on latest
technologies, technical practices, industry news and challenges for
Enterprise Cloud Platform capabilities and practices.
- Proven ability to influence change to improve business
performance and productivity.
- Ability to adapt delivery to meet critical business and
technology domain needs.
- Strong verbal & written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership to drive efforts to maximize value of
enterprise cloud platforms.Technical Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud foundation principles and
design, cloud security and compliance, cloud networking and
- Collaboration and ability to work closely with diverse
stakeholders and enable them by providing scalable, resilient, and
secure cloud platform.
- Expertise in agile practices such as scrum, SAFe and
- Expertise in site reliability, operations, service level
management, incident response, root cause analysis, problem
- Ability to promote DevOps practices and tooling such as CI/CD,
infrastructure-as-code, pipeline automation, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Expertise with Control Tower, Step Functions, CloudFormation,
SSM, Service Catalogs, Config, Code Pipeline, Lambda, API Gateway
and other services on AWS.
- Expertise with Subscription management, Logic Apps, Resource
Manager, Automation, Azure Active Directory, Developer tools for
- Excellent understanding of security practices for Cloud like
KMS, Secrets Manager, encryption and IAM Roles, Azure Policy, Azure
Security Center, Azure AD + Conditional Access, implementing Azure
RBAC and Azure Privileged Identity Management (PIM + JIT).
- System observability and tracing using tools like - CloudWatch
and Prometheus.Must haves:
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes
personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates
to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space
for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is
bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka
doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Keywords: lululemon, Seattle , Technology Manager - Cloud Platform, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!