Facilities Maintenance Manager
Company: The Rush Companies
Location: Gig Harbor
Posted on: June 25, 2022
FACILITIES & MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Department: Rush Properties, Inc - a division of The Rush
CompaniesReports To: Director of Facilities Services, Rush
Properties, Inc.FLSA Classification: Hourly/Non-Exempt Position
About UsAt The Rush Companies, we hire extraordinary individuals
that can contribute and help further build our team. With a focus
on community involvement and giving, we look for new team members
that not only enjoy the work they are doing but are looking for a
purpose within their careers. Rush Properties Inc., (RPI), is a
commercial real estate services firm that provides property
management, brokerage, and facilities services.
Job Summary RPI is currently seeking a Facilities and Maintenance
Manager to join our team and be responsible for the first-class
operation and management of a growing portfolio of commercial
buildings in the Puget Sound region. The purpose of this position
is to increase the value of our portfolio by performing and
overseeing the efficient maintenance of an assigned group of
commercial buildings. This is a mobile maintenance position working
from a company service vehicle. Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with the in-office service team to respond quickly and
effectively to tenant requests for service.
- Represents the company professionally during all interactions
with tenants, vendors and team members.
- Performs diagnostics, repairs, and routine building maintenance
in an efficient and effective manner.
- Serves as lead project manager for maintenance and improvement
work performed by outside vendors. Researches and coordinate work
- Manages contracts, relationships and trains vendors on work
order and billing procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of operations and capital
- Processes certain invoices and ensures proper cost center
- Reviews periodic reports including financials and explains
variances. Works with accounting team to correct financial
- Uses PC, mobile applications and/or tablets for work order
system, email, and process and procedure training.
- Manages the Operations and Maintenance Manual for each assigned
- Serves as the go-to-person on certain types of maintenance
Facilities & Maintenance Manager Qualifications & Skills
- Technical training on HVAC/mechanical, plumbing, and electrical
trades preferred. EL07 Electrical license or trainee card
- Physical requirements include: stooping, standing, walking,
climbing stairs and using ladders.
- Ability to carry heavy loads of 50 lbs or more.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior commercial facilities maintenance
- Valid Washington state driver's license and acceptable Driver's
- Experience successfully managing commercial construction &
tenant improvement projects.
- Experience with computer-based HVAC controls systems and
Building Operating Systems.
- Experience using mobile work order and timecard system.
- Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and ask clarifying questions
to ensure understanding.
- Works indoors and outdoors, in all-weather as necessary.
- Ability to self-direct while working alone or as part of a
- Willingness to help others to achieve overall company
- Great decision-making skills with a goal-oriented
- Strive to create a collaborative and unified environment with a
- Ability to effectively communicate written and orally with
customers, vendors, and team members.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Mobile Suite.
Work Hours & Employee Benefits
- Time Off: Our Paid Time Off (PTO) system uses a 4-Tier-based
program with a maximum annual amount of up to 20 days.
- Our team enjoys time off for team building events such as Rush
Round-Up, a twice annual companywide event, and community service
days such as volunteering for Habitat for Humanity.
- Investing in You: We offer competitive salaries, routine team
member check-ins, performance reviews, ongoing training and
development, educational assistance and tuition reimbursement.
- Our team is also given the opportunity to invest in Rush
projects, through periodic investment offerings, an uncommon
benefit in our industry.
For more information about The Rush Companies or the application
process, please visit:
http://www.therushcompanies.com/about-rush/employment. How to
Apply:send cover letter and resume email@example.com or
send via U.S. mail to:
The Rush Companiesc/o Human Resources6622 Wollochet Dr.Gig Harbor,
---- Equal Opportunity & Drug-Free Employer ----
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical
functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of
all possible job duties and responsibilities. The duties and
responsibilities of the jobholder might differ from those outlined
in this job description and that other duties as assigned, might be
part of the job.
Keywords: The Rush Companies, Seattle , Facilities Maintenance Manager, Executive , Gig Harbor, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!