Culinary Manager - Snohomish Health & Rehabilitati
Company: Cascadia Healthcare
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:The Culinary Manager is
responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the
overall operation of the Culinary Department in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations,
company policies and procedures, and as directed by the facility's
Chief Executive Officer. Must work in collaboration with the
designated Registered Dietitian to ensure that qualify food service
and nutritional care is provided to the facility residents.Note:
All employees of Cascadia Healthcare are required to submit and be
cleared to work in the facility per each state's specific
background check requirements prior to contact with
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in dietetic technology, dietetics, culinary arts, or
foodservice management preferred.Licenses/Certification:
- Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations.
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM),
- Certified Food Protection Professional (CFPP) with the Dietary
- Dietetic Technician, Registered, with the Commission on
Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association;
- Certification with the American Culinary Federation
- Valid driver's licenseExperience:
- Two years' experience in large quantity food preparation
- One year of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Six months experience in a long-term care environment
- One year of experience with therapeutic diet preparation
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, supervises,
and directs the Culinary Department and its programs and activities
in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards, and
applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Routinely inspects and completes evaluations of the status of
the Culinary Department for compliance with company policies,
procedures, standards, and applicable federal, state, and local
regulations and develops action plans for items that need
- Participates in the facility's performance improvement
programs. Serves on various committees as required by company
standards, regulations, and/or appointment by the facility's Chief
- Participates in the long-term care survey process. Instructs
staff in matters of conduct and disclosure. Maintains a presence at
all times while surveyors are on-site and directs the timely
collection of information required by the survey team. Undertakes
corrective action while survey is in progress, if appropriate.
Works with the Registered Dietitian and other facility departments
to develop survey plan of correction, as needed.
- Maintains good communications and working relationships with
all departments in the facility.
- Communicates issues, concerns, and opportunities for
improvement to the Chief Executive Officer routinely.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Chief
Executive Officer immediately.
- Purchases and confirms delivery of food, supplies, equipment,
etc. from approved sources to ensure adequate stock levels to
perform departmental functions and meet the needs of the residents
within approved budgets.
- Maintains current records that reflect departmental
- Communicates to the Chief Executive Officer departmental budget
needs and issues for food, supplies, capital equipment, and labor
to meet the needs of the residents.
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting, selecting, and training
competent department employees.
- Prepares work schedules and maintains adequate staffing based
on the facility's census.
- Provides training to Culinary Department employees in all
aspects of their job.
- Schedules and/or conducts a monthly in-service for department
personnel. Holds routine departmental meetings. Provides education
to other departments in the facility regarding the Culinary
- Evaluates employee performance and develops education and
training plans to improve the employees' skills and knowledge as
needed. Manages wage and salary adjustments, hiring, termination,
- Coordinates with the Registered Dietitian the review and
customization of the regular and therapeutic menus to meet the food
preferences of the residents in accordance with established
policies, procedures, standards of practice, and regulations.
- Coordinates with the Registered Dietitian to ensure that all
diets ordered by the physician are planned on the therapeutic
- Routinely obtains feedback and suggestions from residents via
resident council, meal rounds, and/or interviews with residents,
families, and staff to improve the menu.
- Organizes food preparation and service and supervises employees
to ensure food is prepared and served within scheduled timeframes
according to the regular and therapeutic menus, resident
preferences, and standardized recipes and that proper methods are
utilized to preserve nutrient content, food safety, quality,
flavor, and appearance.
- Monitors food temperatures and quality at point of service in
all dining locations via test trays per company procedures and
- Ensures that current nourishment lists/labels are available for
residents who are to receive a nourishment/snack as part of their
prescribed diet by a physician's order and/or as part of their
nutritional plan of care.
- Monitors the distribution of nourishments, supplements, and
meals to residents and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Processes diet orders and changes promptly to ensure that an
accurate tray card is available for each resident receiving
- Ensures that new residents are visited upon admission to obtain
a diet history and food preferences and maintains a record of diet
orders and food preferences.
- Conducts meal rounds several times per week and interviews
staff and residents to ensure that residents are receiving foods in
the amount, type, consistency, and frequency required to maintain
or improve nutritional status.
- Ensures that food is received, stored, prepared, held, and
served under sanitary conditions to prevent the transmission of
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve company policies,
procedures, tools, and reference materials to the Chief Executive
- Uses independent judgment and discretion on behalf of the
organization in the performance of these duties.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all culinary and hospitality
- Works cooperatively as a team member with co-workers in all
departments of the facility.
- Performs job duties safely as specified in the physical,
sensory, and mental requirements.
- Stays abreast of federal regulations for long-term care and
food safety, as well as state-specific regulations for the state
he/she works and incorporates into his/her work as needed.
- Monitors industry trends, new products, current research, and
new programs in foodservice and incorporates into his/her work as
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Cascadia Healthcare, Seattle , Culinary Manager - Snohomish Health & Rehabilitati, Executive , Snohomish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!