Company: University of Washington
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Req #: 211352 Department: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT Posting Date:
08/18/2022 Closing Info: Open Until Filled Salary: Salary is
commensurate with education and experience Shift: First Shift
Notes: As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and
work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this
position, click here.
) A higher degree of healthcare. All across UW Medicine, our
employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with
integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming
environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is
valued and honored. UW Medicine currently has an outstanding
opportunity for a PRODUCT MANAGER. The UW Medicine Supply Chain,
Materials & Logistics, System Product Manager (Continuity) is
responsible for system and entity specific inventory management
processes and data analysis in conjunction with site operational
leaders. This role reports to the System Inventory Control Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; responsibility
for inventory management of disrupted supplies to include tracking,
coordinating, collaborating, analyzing supply analytics and data
across UW Medicine with a focus focus on: Harborview Medical
Center, University of Washington Medical Center(s)
Montlake/Northwest, UW Primary Care Clinics, and collaboration with
Valley Medical Center. This position facilitates inventory the
proactive response to disrupted supplies and will be the hub of the
centralized Supply Chain response. This role will track issues,
coordinate and escalate issues with clinical leaders, supply chain
leadership, and vendors, manage associated dashboards and trackers,
report on product status at meetings and safety huddles, and
coordinate any conversions or substitutes associated with supply
disruptions. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited
to: Information Management:
- Accountable for centralized system level supply planning and
forecasting related to disrupted supplies in all locations managed
by Supply Chain teams.
- Manage system and site inventory data, dashboards, reports, and
analysis related to disrupted supplies.
- Ensure the dissemination of accurate Supply Chain data by
producing clear, concise and appropriate reports.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in developing,
organizing, analyzing, and executing reports and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data management and reporting to include SOH,
expected usage, ETAs, etc.
- Work in conjunction with stakeholders and teams (both internal
and external to UW Medicine), to ensure thorough and accurate
analysis. Team Coordination:
- The central hub for the system response and coordination
amongst stakeholder teams for disrupted supplies to include, but
not limited to: backorders, discontinuations, allocations, and
- Coordinate system and entity specific disruption response to
ensure all tasks, timelines and assigned responsibilities are
appropriately accomplished. Escalate issues as needed.
- Work closely with system leadership, stakeholders, clinical
leaders, and external partners to successfully execute
- Lead PBO/Tier 0 call. Facilitate the discussion of each sites
updates on product status, risk, response and update relavant
- Coordinate clinical approval and value analysis teams on
selection of course of action. Escalate need for approval of
substitutes through these teams and organize implementation and
- Routinely provide updates on all critical items and risks to
leadership in meetings and huddles. Project Management and
- Communicate disruptied supply status, issues, risks,
milestones, and timelines to leadership and identify issues and
risks requiring escalation.
- Establish project plan for response effort milestones, tasks
for responsible parties, and timelines as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to take a facilitative part in
interpreting and applying resolution techniques within a team
assignment; manage diversity in the workplace; demonstrate
effective communication and active listening skills,
consensus-building, and problem resolution practices in order to
achieve team goals.
- Provide feedback to Supply Chain leadership on team members'
performance for inclusion in developmental coaching and personnel
evaluations. Process, Quality, and Service Improvements:
- Ensure the management of disrupted supplies is in keeping with
inventory control processes, programs, and policies across the
- Accountable for implementation of disruption response and
implementation of solution.
- Supervise the progress of external dependencies and escalate as
- Facilitate system level vendor engagement and
- Assist in development of standard Post-Implementation Review
Report to include project metrics and lessons learned.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for process improvement
opportunities within scope of work at both the site and system
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a high-volume environment
where great emphasis is placed on customer service and creative
- Other duties as assigned related to process improvement, data
management, and operational efficiency for UW Medicine Supply Chain
Materials & Logistics. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare
Administration, or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Supply Chain and/or
project planning. Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Expertise may be substituted for the above degree
- Skill set includes background and experience and understanding
of operational flow, consensus building, and process improvement.
- Master's degree
- Healthcare experience
- CMRP (Certified Materials Resource Professional)
preferred.University of Washington is an affirmative action and
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, among other things,
race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, sex, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
Keywords: University of Washington, Seattle , PRODUCT MANAGER, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!