Director of Finance - Hybrid
Company: Homage Senior Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Location: Homage, Lynnwood - Lynnwood, WA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Salary Range: $115.00 - $130.00 Salary/year
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Accounting
Responsible for management of the Finance department, safeguarding
the agencys assets and directing the fiscal functions of the
organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting
principles (GAAP) and with financial management techniques and
practices appropriate within private non-profit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the activities of the agency Finance department for the
accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports
including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly
financial statements, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Manage Finance department employees, including recruitment,
training, supervision, performance evaluation, and establishing
department goals and evaluation. Develop and maintain staff
relationships to achieve high staff morale, productivity, teamwork,
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
organizations fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the agencys plans and
programs as a strategic partner and member of the Senior Management
Team, providing education, financial input and leadership on
decision making issues affecting the agency.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial
reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, Board of
Directors, and other Senior Management in performing their
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce fiscal policies
and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall
operation and effectiveness of the agency.
- Optimize handling of bank and deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- In collaboration with the Compliance Team, monitor grants and
contracts to ensure agency compliance with federal, state, and
local government operating and reporting requirements.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Provide financial advice and perspective on any contracts into
which the agency may enter, including preparation of budgets for
- Participate in the analysis, evaluation, recommendation, and
oversight of the organizations risk management plans and
- Negotiate equipment leases on behalf of agency.
- Oversee payroll processing.
- Plan and oversee audits with CPAs, prepare tax return for
- Regular and routine attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.Minimum
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business
administration, or equivalent training and education.
- Seven plus years progressive experience in all aspects of
accounting and financial management
- Four plus years supervisory and team leadership
- Experience in financial management of an annual budget of at
least $13 million, and administration of multiple contracts and
- Experience in strategic planning, fund development,
implementation and evaluation of programs and staff
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the
agency and with the public.
- Working knowledge of GAAP as issued by the Financial Accounting
Standards Board, Federal Uniform Guidance, and other applicable
regulatory and advisory organizations and codes
- Proficient with Excel; effective working knowledge of other
Microsoft Office suite programs (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint);
comfortable navigating in Microsoft Windows environment and using
- Must be fully vaccinated per program or agency
Absent any regulatory or contractual requirement for specific
education/certification, other combinations of applicable
education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge,
skills, and abilities necessary to perform effectively in the
position may be considered.
- Masters degree in accounting, finance, business administration,
or equivalent training and education.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with MIP and Crystal Reports
- Experience in accounting for non-profit organizations
- Experience with diverse communities
- Fluency in languages other than English
Work environment and physical demands:
- This work is typically performed in an office setting;
functions are usually performed sitting but may spend some amount
of time standing.
- Some amount of bending, lifting, walking, carrying and other
movements may be required.
- Must be able to interact with people, computers, and office
equipment to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities,
with or without accommodations.
- Work may include local travel during normal business hours, and
occasional travel for training/conference attendance.
- Occasional after hours or weekend events may be
- This position is eligible for hybrid work with some onsite time
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Homage Senior Services, Seattle , Director of Finance - Hybrid, Executive , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!