Events & AV Manager
Company: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified
adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated
with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and
learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer
center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch's global leadership in
bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy,
and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the
world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research
centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care
sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton
therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with
hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research
and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's
deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and
rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our
mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek
employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the
world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an
antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all
candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and
The Events and A/V Manager will direct and motivate team while
personally assisting in providing high quality service based on
requirements and standards associated with meetings, events, and
A/V needs. Monitor and control financial and administrative
responsibilities. Knowledge of event coordination and audiovisual
technology a must. The team's portfolio currently includes managing
EMS, BlueJeans, Zoom, and Teams.
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage and supervise the Meeting and A/V Department, includes
staff performance reviews.
- Assist with hiring of new employees.
- Manage budgets and projects.
- Oversee operation of audio, video, and communication systems
- Administrator of EMS and Master Calendar. Includes training for
new users, troubleshooting program errors, and day-to-day usage of
- Provide training of new hires and ongoing updates when
- Create monthly report for room use, cancellations, check-ins,
and virtual platform use.
- Oversight of equipment maintenance.
- Order room supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for special events outside of
normal work hours/days.
- Obtain and maintain vendor relationships.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of General
- 3-5 years of experience. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least three years of leadership/management
- Working knowledge in Microsoft applications, virtual meeting
platforms, and EMS (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge in the operation and repair of audio
- Working knowledge of event oversight.
- Ability to work occasional varied shifts, including nights,
weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding
of company and department rules and regulations, policies and
- EMS Software or knowledge of similar program
- Set-up, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of
conference room A/V equipment.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolve issues with A/V and
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of frontline support
- Proactively maintains A/V equipment as necessary and ensures
that supplies are available.
- Assists users with routine application and hardware problems,
shares best practices, and utilizes application knowledge with
- Have an understanding of all things AV related, and event
- Coordinated projects, such as the development and
implementation of new audio visual installation and
In addition to job duties at Fred Hutch, this position also
requires access to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, which requires
COVID-19 vaccination without exceptions.Accordingly, as a condition
of employment for this Fred Hutch position, newly hired employees
must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward
greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career
or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested
of all finalists.
Our Commitment to DiversityWe are proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance
Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace
in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and
respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability
(physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political
ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We
are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with
diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of
protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and
or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting
process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Keywords: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle , Events & AV Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!