Trip Development Manager
Company: Disney Vacation Club
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The A&E (Adventures by Disney and National Geographic
Expeditions) trip development organization is responsible for
creating and developing all new trips that support the brand, high
guest expectations, and all business objectives. You will work with
the Manager, Private Jet Trip Development to create and tweak
itineraries for new Private Jet departures, build out detailed
itineraries, partner with DMCs to obtain costing from suppliers,
build costing models, and confirm all required inventory (hotels,
attractions, activities, meals and transportation). These efforts
are to be completed per business need decisions. This includes
extensive RFPs (request for proposal) and driving the vetting for
new suppliers, activities, DMC (Destination Management Company)
qualifications, animal programs, Public Affairs and global security
(in partnership with the supplier management team). Internal
partnering is required with operations, sourcing & procurement,
risk management, supplier management, finance, revenue management,
marketing & sales, and business integration. Trips must be
completed per all sales launch deadlines.This role requires
frequent domestic and international travel. In a typical year,
travel can be as much as 30% of the time.This role is located in
the greater Orlando, Florida area.Responsibilities:
- Project Planning and Management-manages new and evolving
development projects for NGE and ABD Private Jet tours. Works with
Manager, PJ Trip Dev to determine, define, document and manage
project scope, milestones, timelines and project deliverables
including project plans, scope statements and risks/issues lists.
Resources tasks and trip costing models to ensure the project goals
are communicated to all resources/team members/stakeholders and
performed within time and budget constraints. ?
- May lead Assistant Manager, Trip Development who manages much
of the documentation and detailed processes of the projects.
- Partners extensively with all internal functional partners as
described in the summary.
- Develops product in a hands-on manner in addition to leadership
responsibilities of the Assistant Manager, Trip Development.
- Networks within the travel industry.
- Creates and facilitates product overview trainings and
presentations as needed.Requirements :
- Minimum 3 years private jet travel industry experience in
leadership roles; preferably with tour operators and in trip
- Ability to create and present compelling PowerPoint
presentations to various internal teams regarding new
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Vast destination knowledge.
- Proven ability to create itineraries and unique, differentiated
- Travel is required up to 30% of time.
- Negotiation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Disney Vacation Club, Seattle , Trip Development Manager, Executive , Pacific, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!