Director, Engines Final Assembly
Company: Blue Origin
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As part of a passionate and accomplished team of experts, you
will be responsible for Blue Origin's liquid rocket engines
manufacturing and assembly at the Kent, Washington site. This
position will directly impact the history of space exploration and
will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit
This Leader will collaborate with the site manufacturing
leadership, supply chain management, program management,
engineering, and production control to ensure on-time delivery of
products. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to
communicate the vision, strategy and tactical application of cost
effective strategies and key deliverables. This Leader will have
the responsibility of the development and qualification of
manufacturing production capabilities while driving continuous
improvement for cycle time and cost reduction.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise,
leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact
safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is
* Lead and direct initiatives and strategies that deliver cost
effective, high quality, operational performance and share best
practices to support improvement across the Blue enterprise.
* Participate in critical program decision boards; corrective
action boards; and risk boards as needed.
* Participate in strategic planning including requirements for
engine demand, test capabilities, and specific near term and out
* Champion safety always and first-time quality across all
functions while growing and developing your team at all levels.
* Analyze processes and operations at the micro and macro levels
followed by implementing high impact improvements for safety, cost
savings, and other means to accelerate progress.
* Leverage Blue's leadership principles to cultivate a trusting,
learning culture of leaders through continuous feedback, coaching
and robust development opportunities.
* Collaborate with internal customers and manufacturing planning
teams to define capacity planning actions to meet customer needs
* Own all area KPI's and supporting process improvements,
continually raising the bar on performance expectations.
* Define and manage budgets and schedules for raw material,
operational expenses, labor, and capital projects.
* Maintain manufacturing schedule and overcome barriers to meet
* Implement the Blue Production System to build a production
framework that supports World-Class capabilities and fosters One
* Passion for Blue Origin's mission: Millions of people living and
working in space to benefit earth!
* BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in
Operations Management or Manufacturing Engineering and progressive
* 10+ years of manufacturing leadership experience.
* Evidence of progressive responsibilities in manufacturing in an
area such as launch vehicles, spacecraft, aircraft, automotive,
medical devices, power generation systems, or electronics.
* Demonstrated experience leading organizations through large-scale
change management initiatives that influence culture, define tools
& processes and improve competencies.
* Experience building a high performing team that is tightly
coordinated to key partners, including all the teams supporting the
manufacturing and supply chain of complex builds.
* Experience with ERP, MRP, and MES systems in a complex
manufacturing environment for both production and development.
* Highly effective and professional verbal and written
communication skills with team, internal customers and suppliers
that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external
* Demonstrated experience challenging the status quo, driving
change, and teaching and motivating individuals to develop and
implement new ways of thinking and doing business.
* Ability to maintain positive and professional relationships, and
contribute to a culture of trust, respect, inclusion and
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
* 15+ years experience in manufacturing experience in aerospace or
a closely related industry, such as launch vehicles, aircraft,
helicopters, automotive, excavation, mining, energy, or
* Strong knowledge and applied experiences in Lean Manufacturing,
Six Sigma and Toyota Production System.
* Knowledge of fabrication processes, integration processes,
systems engineering practices, test, quality and configuration
* Experience with Manufacturing Execution System and Product
Lifecycle Manufacturing systems a plus.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or
national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder),
or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing
a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin
hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications,
performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and
maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and
teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the
diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified
applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities
for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment,
regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more
information on "EEO Is the Law," please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair
Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin's
Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable
accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or
interview process, please contact us at
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and
supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and
401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14
Keywords: Blue Origin, Seattle , Director, Engines Final Assembly, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!