Regional Nurse Manager, Infection Prevention
Posted on: November 25, 2022
**** Sign-On Bonus Eligible ********* Relocation Assistance
Available **** -Provides oversight of the Infection Prevention
program in Western and Eastern Washington. Designs, plans,
implements, and directs a comprehensive program for infection
prevention, that includes standards, clinical consultation,
emergency outbreak measures, exposure management, surveillance,
education, maintenance of records and data management. Ensures
compliance with the mandates of required accrediting and regulatory
agencies. Coordinates with state and county health departments and
Infection Control programs in contracting facilities.Essential
- Directs the Infection Prevention including Infection
Preventionists and support staff. Has budgetary for the Infection
Prevention Program that spans across KFHPW Western and Eastern
Washington divisions. Provides advice and guidance to organization
leadership regarding work related health and safety issues.
- Promotes, develops and maintains infection prevention standards
that reflect current advisory recommendations that meet local,
state and federal regulations. Oversees policy/protocol/procedure
development and review and ensures implementation enterprise-wide.
Ensures systematic maintenance of policies/protocol/procedures
online. Develops, implements, and evaluates the annual Infection
Prevention Plan/Risk Assessment and goals, and continuously
evaluates effectiveness of the infection prevention interventions.
Co-chairs the KFHPW Infection Control Committee. Integrates
infection prevention standards into clinical and non-clinical
service areas. Collaborates with managers to develop department
specific standards for each service and department. Develops,
implements and evaluates emergency infection prevention measures to
control outbreaks of infection within KFHPW Washington.
- Provides clinical consultation on infection prevention and
control strategies and risks to managers and KFHPW/WPMG staff.
Evaluates effectiveness of current infection prevention practices
within KFHPW. Provides Infection Prevention consultation for new
and remodeling construction projects. Leads quality improvement and
LEAN initiatives related to infection prevention. Investigates
Patient Safety Unusual Occurrences in relations to infection
prevention. Performs product reviews to collaboration with the
established strategic sourcing teams and local products groups to
ensure standardization of products related to infection
- Develops, implements and evaluates a system of surveillance of
health care-associated infections to provide infection prevention
reports with epidemiological analysis both for routine surveillance
and also for outbreak investigations, including those required by
- Oversees development of education programs and handouts about
infection risk, prevention and control for clinical staff and about
other workplace hazards for clinical and non-clinical staff across
all divisions in Western and Eastern Washington.
- Ensures the reporting of all communicable diseases to
appropriate authorities by coordinating reporting procedures.
Serves as a liaison to public health authorities in relations to
reporting requirements of healthcare acquired infections through
- Participates in KP national Infection Prevention Community of
Practice to promote continuous quality improvement across the
continuum of care through standardization of infection
surveillance, prevention and control activities and provides
oversight for accurate NHSN reporting and meeting CMS data
validation requirements. -#RNMGR Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in acute care infection
- Minimum two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
in a clinical environment. -Education
- Bachelors degree in nursing. -License, Certification,
- Driver's License (Washington)
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Infection Control Certificate required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire -Additional
- Working knowledge and ability to demonstrate comprehension of
patient care practices: microbiology, disinfection, sterilization
and sanitation, principles of adult education, epidemiology,
medical statistics, and management and communication.
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory, accrediting and advisory
body requirements, including but not limited to state and county
regulations, DOH, DNV and AAAHC accreditation requirements,
recommendations of the CDC and Prevention, APIC, WA State
Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Washington State
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of health care
personnel within Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington and
public health services at the local counties, state and national
levels: Centers for Disease Control and regulatory bodies (OSHA,
- Must be able to take a leadership role in cost effective
prevention of transmissible diseases and injury.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to educate and respond to KFHPW/WPMG and external
- Must be computer literate.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead quality improvement
initiatives and Lean process improvement.
- Must provide evidence of continuing education within the last
year with emphasis on aspects of infectious diseases, or infection
control. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in acute care infection
- Masters degree in public health, health education, or
nursing.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Practitioners, RN Manager
Keywords: Kaiser, Seattle , Regional Nurse Manager, Infection Prevention, Executive , Carnation, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!