Community Engagement Manager
Company: Fuse innovation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Nonprofit Association of Washington (NAWA) is a unique and
invigorating place to work. We are looking for a talented,
ambitious, and collaborative person to build partnerships with
nonprofits and partners who share our vision of creating healthy,
economically vital, and civically engaged communities via strong
nonprofits. As part of the Engagement Team at NAWA, the Community
Engagement Manager will serve a key role in helping to convene
nonprofit organizations across Washington State to learn, advocate,
and collaborate, so that nonprofits can achieve their missions.
Strong candidates will bring a proven commitment to diversity,
inclusion, and cultural competence, as well as strong community
organizing and problem-solving skillsThe Community Engagement
Manager is charged with expanding our network and building our
statewide network of members and partners, including reaching
underserved BIPOC and rural communities. The ideal candidate is a
selfstarter who isn't afraid to take initiative and is skilled at
building strong, enduring relationships.Key Responsibilities
- Select and manage a multicultural team of Equity Ambassadors in
communities across Washington.
- Work with Equity Ambassadors to build partnerships and
meaningful relationships with nonprofit organizations throughout
the state through various channels, including local nonprofit
- Engage historically underserved nonprofits in NAWA's policy and
systems change work, encouraging participation in advocacy and
lifting up stories from the community.
- Identify nonprofit interests, needs, and priorities to inform
NAWA's program planning and implementation.
- In partnership with Equity Ambassadors, provide resources,
support, and technical assistance to regional and statewide
- Support BIPOC and rural affinity groups consisting of attendees
with common interests and concerns, including establishing online
groups and organizing convenings.
- Work in partnership with the Membership Manager to engage
Equity Ambassadors in reaching NAWA's membership goals
- Foster a powerful statewide network: 30%
- Manage and support nonprofit network partnerships, including
working with contracted partners, managing data, leadership
development, and organizing meetings as needed.
- Represent NAWA in coalitions, meetings, events, and elsewhere
in the community.
- Work with Deputy Director for Partnerships to identify and
solicit business and foundation sponsorships and memberships.
- Develop, organize, and facilitate or co-facilitate discussion
groups, workshops, and other events as needed.
- Manage the Community Engagers & Chamber of Commerce Programs:
- Provide oversight to NAWA's Community Engagers & Chamber of
Commerce programs (contracted partners providing nonprofit
education in their communities).
- Negotiate, monitor compliance, and document Community Engagers
& Chamber of Commerce subcontracts.
- Build and maintain relationships with Community Engager &
Chamber of Commerce organizations and potential future
- Plan regular meetings for Community Engagers & Chamber of
Commerce to update them on NAWA's programs and promote peer
- Develop connections and establish communication channels for
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to curate
compelling content for our social media channels that highlights
partners and members.
- Manage the Community Slack platform.
- Contribute to a strong organization
- Contribute to NAWA's visibility by representing the
organization at events.
- Bring ideas from events, meetings, etc. back to the
organization to contribute to our ongoing effort to understand and
support nonprofits in Washington.
- Work on special projects and participate in key events such as
the annual conference.
- Promote membership in NAWA.
- Support NAWA's advocacy work.Desired Qualifications
- Commitment to our mission.
- Community engagement, outreach, coalition building, and/or
membership development experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity.
- Experience working effectively in and with BIPOC and other
- Background in developing contracts or partnership agreements
and managing the work of contractors/partners.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
and experience with CRM databases, email engagement platforms,
event management systems, and project management software. We
currently use Salesforce, MailChimp, Soapbox, and Asana -
equivalent transferrable skills from other systems are
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities
effectively and professionally.
- Ability to travel within the state.
- Room setup involving moving tables and chairs and some moderate
lifting (up to 25 pounds) on an occasional basis (accommodation may
be possible)Additional Information
- Location: Remote within Washington State - required
- FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt
- Compensation: $55,000-$63,000 [+$2,500 for bilingual Spanish
- Starting Benefits: 20 days PTO and 11 paid holidays per year
plus a paid office closure between Dec 26- Dec 31. $700/month
toward a cafeteria plan of health coverage including medical,
dental, and vision insurance as well as various long & short-term
disability and other options. $50/month each ($100 total)
reimbursement for use of personal cell phone and internet for work
- Supervisor: Deputy Director for PartnershipsHow to ApplySubmit
your cover letter and resume online by September 30:
Please name your documents "First Name_Last Name cover letter" and
"First Name_Last Name resume."NAWA is an equal opportunity
employer. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace
and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.About
NAWANAWA convenes a powerful network of nonprofit organizations
across Washington State to learn, advocate, and collaborate, so
that nonprofits can achieve their missions. Stronger nonprofits
contribute to healthy, collaborative, economically vital, and
civically engaged communities. Our advocacy program amplifies
nonprofit voices on public policy issues affecting the nonprofit
community. We advocate at the local, state, and federal levels for
laws and policies that create a positive climate for all types of
nonprofits, using stories and data to communicate the value of
nonprofits to elected officials and other decision makers. We seek
to improve partnerships between nonprofits, government, and
communities at all levels. NAWA has a strong commitment to equity
and inclusion, and respect for regional differences. We believe
that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background on our
staff team will lead to a better environment for our employees and
stronger nonprofits across Washington. Our organizational culture
is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and results-oriented. We value and
support learning and professional growth and offer flexible hours
and remote work options. www.nonprofitwa.org
Keywords: Fuse innovation, Seattle , Community Engagement Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!