NCI Contact Center Manager
Company: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit
organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking
research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in
Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer
Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow
transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19
vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's
leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers.
Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical
oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services,
and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together,
our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to
discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life
beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination,
excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are
grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity,
equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity,
dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community
member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our
differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees
who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and
solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an
anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all
candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and
The NCI Contact Center Manager oversees the day-to-day operations
of an omni-channel contact center including but not limited to
telephone (cancer information and tobacco cessation inquiries),
Live Help, email and social media with a strong knowledge of
performance and quality management. Mobilizes staff to adapt to new
technologies and program priorities. The CCM works in collaboration
with members of the CIS leadership team (Supervisor/Managers) to
ensure optimal performance of the program. The CCM reports to the
Program Director. -
- Ensure staffing for all access channels consistent with
performance measures. -
- Maintain and monitor adherence to key performance indicators
and other performance -management metrics for staff. Revise metrics
and performance expectations when necessary. -
- Maintain or develop -deep familiarity with CIS resources and
daily practices and workflows in close collaboration with members
of the CIS leadership team. This includes Public Inquiries,
Clinical Trials, VA program, and the Bilingual Service.
- Monitors -cancer and tobacco-related content trends, NIH/NCI
news and resource updates, and strategizes optimal communication
outreach to staff on high-priority matters.
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding of Information Specialist
and other staff as needed.
- Strategize and respond to RFP for CIS contract operations, as
directed by the Program Director; participate in budget
negotiations with the Government and assist with addressing
concerns and/or questions from the parent institution (Fred Hutch).
- Respond to requests from the Government including attendance at
meetings and associated presentations and other participatory
- Ensure effective planning and implementation of research
activities to be performed in the Contact Center. -
- Ensure adherence to schedules, real time management of staffing
and contact queues and provide all needed information necessary for
the successful operation of the Government's workforce management
- Ensure that a comprehensive quality assurance process is
implemented in the Contact Center, -in partnership with the CIS
- Ensure that a comprehensive training plan, including continuing
education, is implemented in the Contact Center -for all staff.
- Ensure that staff have adequate supervision, resources and
equipment needed to perform their work.
- Support/participate in Center and program-specific diversity,
equity and inclusion priorities as identified by Hutch Leadership
and/or the CIS DE&I Task Force; deliver effective, informed,
and respectful staff communication on this topic.
- Recognize the importance of employee engagement while upholding
- Support a continuous quality improvement philosophy and
providing coaching to Supervisors and other staff, as needed.
- Prepare and submit Government Contract Deliverables on monthly
and/or quarterly basis (currently includes the Monthly Quality
Monitoring Report and Monthly Quality Performance Report and the
quarterly Performance Improvement Plan).
- Maintain security standards - PII, Technology/Data, NIH status.
- Timely completion of all mandatory NIH and Fred Hutch training
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 2+ years of high performance in a CIS -Supervisor or other
leadership role -preferred -
- Maintains strict -adherence to, and awareness of, NCI/CIS
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of, and commitment to,
CIS programmatic functioning and -priorities
- Conveys a strong grasp of coaching methodology and dedication
to performance -management -
- Excellent -organizational, -written, -and verbal -communication
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all CIS priority areas
(PIQ, CT, Tobacco, Bilingual, etc) content/resources, workflows,
systems, and processes
- embodies a long-term commitment to learning and professional
- Exemplifies values such as successful collaboration with
others, innovative and creative problem-solving, and meaningful
commitment to continuous -quality -improvement
- Ability to manage a high level of confidentiality
- High level of reliability in the workplace as demonstrated by
consistent attendance, punctuality, and flexibility
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine
requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious
accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees
must, prior to their first day of employment: Provide proof of
being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; ORInitiate the
accommodations process to request a religious or medical
accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward
greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career
or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested
of all finalists.
Our Commitment to DiversityWe are proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance
Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace
in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and
respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability
(physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political
ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We
are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with
diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of
protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and
or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting
process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Keywords: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle , NCI Contact Center Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!