ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Company: SEATTLE ACADEMY-ARTS & SCIENCE
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SEATTLE ACADEMY is seeking a thoughtful, collaborative and
engaging Associate Athletic Director to join the Athletic
Department team. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School, and the
Athletic Director, the position will be an integral part of the
dynamic sports experience at Seattle Academy which sees
approximately 60 athletic teams each year playing in 10 sports and
various club offerings. With just over 1100 total students at
Seattle Academy roughly 50% of the Upper School and 65% of the
Middle School student body plays a sport each year. We believe in
our no-cut participation policy and we also have top-level teams
that have won over 50 state championships and over 80 league
championships.Under general supervision, the Associate Athletic
Director supports and works cooperatively with the Assistant Head
of School and the Athletic Director and serves as the internal face
of the Athletic Department by supervising the Assistant Athletic
Directors and working collaboratively with coaches and trainers.
The Associate Athletic Director may be expected to coach. The
position is salaried (exempt) with a salary range of $100,000 to
$115,000, depending on relative experience and is based on a
twelve-month schedule with benefits and vacation determined per the
Staff Handbook, and requires an ability to work flexible hours
including weekend and evening work. Candidates should demonstrate
experience and willingness to grow in equity and inclusion work
that promotes a diverse community environment; and possess a growth
mindset, sense of humor, and genuine interest in making a positive
impact on the lives of adolescents.Specific Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Assistant Head of School for Student Experience,
and the Athletic Director, in partnership for strategic leadership
of a thriving and growing athletic program.
- Leads and supervises the Assistant Athletic Directors in the
supervision and management of the overall day to day running of the
Seattle Academy athletic program.
- Become proficient in various platforms required in the
department including but not limited to Magnus, WPN and Veracross
and the social media platforms utilized by the department.
- Manages scope and sequence for 6th-12th grade sport-specific
- Hires, orients, supervises, and evaluates coaches.
- Serve as a point of contact for families regarding sport
- Serves as the Athletic Department liaison to the Admission
- Works with Department Heads in management of
coaching/substitute need calendar.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an athletic environment
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience managing athletic programs and coachesSeattle
Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: SEATTLE ACADEMY-ARTS & SCIENCE, Seattle , ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!