Project Manager, Software
Company: FFSS- FUJIFILM Sonosite
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Project Manager, Software - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM Sonosite, Inc. If you are looking for work that matters,
you'll find it at FUJIFILM Sonosite. As the creator of point of
care ultrasound, we dedicate every day to the innovation and
development of imaging solutions that enable clinicians to provide
improved healthcare in leading institutions, underserved
populations and communities in crisis around the globe. At FUJIFILM
Sonosite, we are in the relentless pursuit of answers that allow
our customers to be confident that they are making the best
clinical decisions for any patient, anywhere, anytime. Members of
the FUJIFILM Sonosite team embody our company values: Go boldly,
Stay curious, Passion fuels us, Respect each other, Own it and Act
with integrity. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM Sonosite
is the proud recipient of numerous prestigious design awards and
has in excess of 145 patents. Our point of care ultrasound systems
are sold in more than 100 countries.
The role of the Software Project Manager is to plan, execute, and
finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of
team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to
deliver projects according to plan. The Software Project Manager
will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality
control throughout its life cycle. This role includes overall
responsibility for software development projects, including
managing the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines,
developing communication strategies, and ensuring team adequately
tests and provides maintenance of software projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure each project stays on schedule and meets deadlines.
Manage the schedule critical path and ensure that steps are taken
to remove roadblocks. Propose plans to recover when schedule slides
- Create software project budgets and ensure the project adheres
to the budget. Recommend subsequent budget changes where
- Drive consistent requirements compliance, testing, and
troubleshooting of software projects in all stages of
- Manage software project change requests per established
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve
- Manage software release content with key stakeholders and other
- Define development milestones including entry and exit
- Manage schedule interdependencies with all project teams.
- Define, manage, and mitigate project risks throughout the
software development process.
- Present regular project status reports/updates to executive
- Track schedules and resources for assigned software
- Manage multiple enterprise level software projects through
- Monitor and enhance software development, troubleshooting, and
- Liaise between company, customer, and third parties.
- Liaise between product management and software development
- Define the frequency and content of status reports from the
project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for
the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or
consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary,
during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential
crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and
contractors, and influence them to take positive action and
accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report
in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and
- University degree in the field of business administration,
computer science, information systems, or a combination of
equivalent work experience and education.
- 3-5 years of managing preferably Software projects or a
combination of other projects related.
- PMI Certification in PMP or PgMP is desired. CAPM is acceptable
with additional professional experience of no less than 5
- Significant experience with IEC 62304 for medical device
software compliance is highly desired.
- 4-6 years experience in an Agile software project management
capacity, including all aspects of process development and
- Strong familiarity with Agile project management software tools
(e.g. Atlassian tools, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Competence with office software applications (e.g. MS Office
365, Google office apps).
- Experience at working both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and
- Flexible during times of change. Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with
clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations. Salary
- $104,000 - $135,000 depending on experience + annual bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life & Company paid Disability
- Retirement Plan (401k):
- 4% automatic Company contribution
- Fujifilm matches 50 cents for every dollar you contribute, up
to 6% of your salary
- Paid Time Off:
- You can accrue up to three (3) weeks of PTO in your first year
- PTO increases based on years of service
- Employee Choice Holidays:
- Four (4) additional paid days off, based on date of hire in the
- Paid Holidays:
- Seven (7) paid holidays per year If COVID-19 vaccine is
mandated by the federal government, or by state or local
government, the Company will require that the successful candidate
hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine
mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being
granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious
belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the
Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require
that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the
COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent
being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held
religious belief or other legally required exemption.
FUJIFILM Sonosite. offers a fantastic compensation package,
including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn
more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a
difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key
responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers
FUJIFILM Sonosite is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a
disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable
accommodation with the job application process, please contact the
Human Resources department via phone at , or via e-mail at .
Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review
upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in
the Human Resources office during regular office hours.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee
of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search
firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email,
the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole
property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies
were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement
with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was
submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is
hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Keywords: FFSS- FUJIFILM Sonosite, Seattle , Project Manager, Software, Executive , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!