Director Human Resources- $115,000 per year
Company: Crowne Plaza Seattle
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing
qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute compliance;
overseeing all aspects of wage benefit worker's compensation
unemployment; training program direction implementation and
administration; and employee relations coaching counseling and
discipline. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each
workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at
least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties
must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more
than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the
use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a
hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at
least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and
3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws are
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol awareness CPR and First
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and
courteous to all guests managers and fellow Associates.
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human
Resources/Associate regulations and laws and ensure that the
property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO Unemployment Wage & Hour Worker's
Compensation OSHA ADA Immigration and Naturalization Service
hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee
- Communicate new policies information and directives to all
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment screening and reference
checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit interview and recommend all exempt personnel
- Maintain Associate benefits programs union relations dues and
welfare pension funds..
- Set up approve and maintain all wage and salary programs
including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all Associate transitions i.e. new
hire transfer promotion etc. Assist in creating a positive
team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through
Associate development and motivation.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with
Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of committees.
- Practice positive Associate relations including coaching
counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" _ benefit programs.
- Monitor training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching counseling and discipline to
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all
- Condense and expedite paperwork develop internal communications
improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Property
Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the award-winning Crowne
Plaza Hotel Seattle - Downtown offers an exceptional blend of
service, style and comfort. You'll notice Cool, Comfortable and
Unconventional touches that set us apart as soon as you step
inside. Marvel at stunning views of the city lights while relaxing
in our new Sleep Advantage - Beds.
Enjoy complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel and
amenities to help you relax like our Temple Spa - Sleep Tight
Amenity kits featuring lavender spray and lotions to help you
rejuvenate and unwind. Enjoy an invigorating workout at our 24-hour
fitness center, get dining suggestions from our expert concierge or
savor sumptuous cuisine at our Regatta Bar & Grille restaurant
where you can enjoy Happy Hour in our lounge daily from 4pm - 7pm
and monthly drink specials.
Come and experience all that The Emerald City has to offer with
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Crowne Plaza Seattle, Seattle , Director Human Resources- $115,000 per year, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...