Digital Equity Manager
Posted on: May 27, 2023
King County Mission, 700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, Washington,
United States of America Req #789 About GoodwillWe believe in the
potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
We believe that education and training empower people to make those
changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each
person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security
and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to
creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and
inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and
acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.If you need
any assistance in applying please contact
PeopleRelataions@evergreengoodwill.org for any assistance or
accommodation requests. Job Title: Digital Equity Manager About the
Position The Job Training and Education (JTE) Digital Equity
Manager provides training and support on technology based
instructional training tools to JTE staff. Collaborates with the
Director of Budgets & Contracts in coordinating the execution and
delivery of Evergreen Goodwill's digital equity initiative and
projects to students and employees, ensuring access to technology
and skills.A champion of Goodwill's mission to engage and advance
digital equity in Northwest Washington, the Manager will play a
critical role in developing, enhancing, and resolving instructional
delivery andstudentengagement. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following.Other duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
- Collaborates withInstructor and Program Development teamsto
implement digitaltechnology throughout program curriculum.
- Develops and delivers technical training sessions and workshops
for Job Training and Education (JTE) staff.
- Provides technical support for classroom technology and
overseeingtechnologycheckout process forABE classesand youth
- Develop and organize training manuals and tutorials, multimedia
visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Facilitates internal working groups to coordinate technology
design, rollout strategies, etc.
- Conducting research to identify potential applications for new
and emerging instructional technologies.
- Designing and developing print andweb-baseduser
- Continually evaluating the effectiveness of training materials
and modules and ensure they are aligned with program and service
objectives. Analyze and identify training opportunities to ensure
- Maintaining an inventory of all JTE technology items, including
staff laptops and phones.
- Communicating with Information Technology (IT) department
toensurethat JTE department's hardware and software needs and
priorities are understood and addressed.
- Monitorthe technologyimplementation phaseacross
- Responsible to support, advance, and contribute to a DEI
- Collaborate with students, staff and managers to purposefully
work to implement student centered initiatives.
- Attend required meetings, trainings and develop and deliver
- Demonstrates safe work practices through awareness and
observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential
hazards or accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Direct supervision of Center Managers and any other assigned
employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with Goodwill's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Partner with People Relations as needed and appropriate.
Position Requirements To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor'sdegree in Education, IT, Instructional Design, or
related field, or equivalent combination of experience and
education.Master's Degree preferred; however,lived-experience and
international experience considered in lieu of more
- Minimum four (4)of experience working instructional technology
or experiencing teaching utilizing technology. Two
(2)years'experience implementing new technologies to students
and/or staff a plus.
- Minimum two (2)yearsof supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of educational applications of instructional
technology, instructional design and adult learning theory.
- Ability and willingness to learn new subject areas, technology
and other topics quickly.
- Strongability to organize work, follow through on projects,
anticipate project needs, function independently as well as part of
a team, and work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Must be committed to creating and sustaining a learning
environment in which students feel safe, supported and encouraged;
foster an environment that is inclusive, culturally rich, and bias
- Experience providing technical training in group and
- Ability to always practice confidentiality.
- Remote and occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Must be able to meet travel requirements of up to30%of work
time locally and statewide. Certificates, Licenses, or
- Must have valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Advancedproficiencywith web-based applications (Google
Workspace), video conferencing,educational platforms,and Microsoft
- Knowledgeable ofa wide range of instructional hardware and
software including: VDI workstations, SMART Boards,SMART
Notebook,StandOut: Online Workbook/ Presentation Tool
/ExamView,Apple iPads, smartphones (Android and iPhone).
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the
job. Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job,
the employee will be required sit for long periods of time,
communicate with other employees by talking and hearing and to
operate computer systems. Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 25
lbs., grasp, handle, finger and manipulate items; perform
repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists, and arms,
standing for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.Able to communicate with others effectively both
verbally and written, including those who have limited English
skills. Maintain reliable attendance. Essential Mental/Sensory
Abilities : - Strong written and verbal communication skills
Office/classroom environment; the noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.Must have reliable transportation,
as this position requires travel to offsite meetings and events.
- 20% employee shopping discount at all retail and outlet
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision for
full-time employees who work 30 hours or more per week
- Vacation pay - based on job role and tenure
- Sick time pay - based on accruals and Seattle Paid Sick/Safe
- 9 paid holidays per year (includes floating holidays)
- Voluntary insurance plans for full-time employees who work 30
hours or more per week
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) full-time employees who work 30
hours or more per week
- Basic AD&D and Basic Life Insurance for full-time employees
who work 30 hours or more per week
- Long Term Disability insurance for exempt (salaried full-time
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free and confidential
- Employee loan program - for critical needs such as rent, e
lectric bill, etc.
- Educational loan program
- Some job roles are eligible for bonuses
- Jury duty and bereavement pay
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be
limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description
is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job
scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work
identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer
their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the
success of the Goodwill.
- King County Mission, 700 Dearborn Place S, Seattle, Washington,
United States of America
Keywords: Goodwill, Seattle , Digital Equity Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...