Regional Account Manager (RAM) - Seattle, WA
Company: Cogent Communications
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Imagine life without the Internet. Your communications are
paralyzed. Your business is crippled. Internet is a must-have for
every company, for every person. At Cogent, you're armed with
selling a "must-have" connection to the Internet instead of a
"nice-to-have" new software suite or billing platform. You're
selling a service to a business that can't function without
it.Established and reputable:Cogent is a Global Internet Service
Provider, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in
the world. Backed by Cisco Systems, we provide Internet service in
over 216 markets globally. We were once a startup funded by venture
capital. And while we have matured into a stable, publicly traded
(NASDAQ: CCOI) company, we've retained our startup
mentality-transparency in operations, open dialogue among
departments, and fresh perspective from our newest employees. We
omit titles from our business cards to deemphasize organizational
hierarchy and bureaucracy.The Sales Organization:Cogent Sales is a
group of 600 enthusiastic, fearless professionals who persevere
through successes and failures, while continually learning and
growing. We are new grads entering the workforce; young
professionals starting our careers and experienced professionals.
We all share a professional passion for professional development
and achievement.Onboarding and Training:
- Four-week immersion program that provides Orientation, Product
and Network Training, hands-on Systems Workshop, and a Sales
Fundamentals Workshop upon joining Cogent.
- Self-paced online monthly training teach you about the
industry, our products, and services, resources available to you,
and sales fundamentals.
- Resource mentorship with a sales coach and technical resource
assigned to you on your first day in seat to work with you as you
learn about Cogent and its differentiators.
- Weekly 1:1 coaching and training from your Sales Management
- Quarterly roundtables and training.
- Internal product certifications are available.
- Upon transitioning to new sales roles, position-specific
training is available.Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities within a prescribed
Regional Sales Territory via sourcing and prospecting efforts
through a high volume of direct calling and emailing efforts.
- Strategize with your Sales Management team on how to sell into
your region's largest commercial and retail buildings, office
parks, and professional campuses.
- Compliment prospecting and selling efforts with fieldwork such
as building walks, lobby events, property management relationships,
and customer face-to-face meetings.
- Learn how to understand a customer's need and then educate them
on the connectivity solutions that Cogent can provide to them via
consultative and relationship-building selling techniques.
- Consistently update your efforts in our Customer Relationship
- Achieve targeted monthly revenue goals.Qualifications:
- 0-2+ years of solid, sales experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with revenue
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft
Office and software applications.This is an in-office position five
days a week to best support your success, allowing for focused
mentorship, training, and personal coaching.COVID-19 Policy:Cogent
has adopted a mandatory vaccination and booster policy that
requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated (including
booster shots when eligible) against COVID-19. Prior to beginning
employment, new employees must provide proof of vaccination or
apply for and receive an accommodation to be exempt from the
policy.By submitting an application or resume for this position, I
understand that is an in-office position and agree to abide
Cogent's mandatory vaccination policy."Cogent's competitive
advantage lies in our people...their spirit, their energy and their
commitment." - Dave Schaeffer, Founder & CEOCogent Communications
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Cogent Communications, Seattle , Regional Account Manager (RAM) - Seattle, WA, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!