Project Controls Manager
Company: Concrete Strategies LLC.
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Responsible for undertaking project control and reporting
responsibility of small, medium, and large-scale projects. This
position will require participation in all phases of the project
life cycle including proposal development, front end development,
constructability, procurement, construction, and commissioning.
Responsible for making independent evaluations of project status
based on the interpretation of reports using both own experience
and that of the assigned project team.
- Project handoff prepare the cost spread and ensure a shared
understanding of its contents by the project team.
- Participate in contract/subcontract reviews and evaluations.
Ensure the scope of work is clear and understood by the project
- Schedule of values development
- This role is responsible for the development of accurate and
timely cost forecasts.
- Participate in project buyout and vendor evaluation.
Review/evaluate purchase orders to ensure alignment with project
budgets. Assist the project team in risk mitigation through
effective vendor management.
- CPM schedule development and upkeep.
- Weekly project reviews/updates with project team
- Monitor and report on project progress/cost
- Change Management monitor scope of work to ensure compliance
with contract requirements. When change is needed, assist in the
development of change order requests, and monitor their progress to
- Management Safety Audits Monthly
- Using existing tools, responsible for production tracking
- Mentoring team members to learn all Project Controls
- Daily Production tracking/reporting/visibility for all
Job Specific Competencies/Behaviors:
- Provide support to Regional Leadership, Operations Managers,
and Project Managers in planning, managing, and monitoring major
- Evaluate and monitor the performance and efficiency of a
portfolio of jobs in assigned area and facilitate and lead efforts
to drive productivity on various projects leveraging local teams,
company tools, and individual knowledge/experience.
- Coordinate the preparation of internal and external reports
through gathering, analyzing, and summarizing data and information
from a project.
- Contribute to overall project planning through reporting on
project schedule compliance and deliverables.
- Participate in Project Controls team initiatives to drive
- Lead cross-functional SWAT Teams for proper setup at new jobs
sites in the region.
- Keep track of active project budgets, ensuring that project
expenses are strictly monitored monthly and that monthly expenses
are on target.
- Continually search for ways to increase customer satisfaction
and deepen client relationships.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents
solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understand expectations that were set with client and recognize
when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Audit and refine site work processes to optimize data
collection for reporting and performance.
- Provide supervision and guidance for Project Controls Analyst,
supervising daily duties, project guidance, and ad hoc project
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with senior
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and confidence.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills,
strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or
another technical field from an accredited university.
- Previous leadership and/or management experience is
- Experience in planning/scheduling on concrete construction
projects a plus.
- Understanding contracts, standard commercial T&Cs, contract
compliance, invoice auditing, and proposal experience considered a
- In-depth working knowledge of construction cost control,
scheduling techniques, estimating, change management, risk
management, and progress reporting methods also a plus.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power
Point. Knowledge of database management and manipulation, plus
ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
- Advanced skills using Power Query, Power BI, PowerPivot and/or
SQL also a plus.
- Sense of Urgency
Keywords: Concrete Strategies LLC., Seattle , Project Controls Manager, Executive , Marysville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!