EMP - Case Manager I (Employment & Training Services-Asian languages)
Company: Asian Counseling & Referral Service Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Seattle, WA, USA Req #18 Monday, September 18, 2023 ABOUT THE
ORGANIZATION: COME WORK WITH US! Help us provide hope, opportunity,
and voice to thousands in our region by joining our team!
All candidates are welcome to apply. We strongly encourage
candidates who represent A&NHPI intersectional communities to
apply. These include those who identify as LGBTQIA+, Transracial
Adoptee, those who are justice involved, multi-racial, or are part
of other underrepresented communities
About ACRS: Since 1973, Asian Counseling and Referral Service
(ACRS) has been working toward social justice and offering a broad
array of behavioral health programs, human services and civic
engagement activities for Asians, Pacific Islanders, and other
underserved communities in King County and beyond.
- We are rooted in our commitment to diversity, equity and
inclusion in all aspects of our work.
- We value our clients and work to demonstrate respect and
compassion for them.
- We believe in challenging structures, institutions and systems
that have created disparities and inequities and we advocate for a
more inclusive and just society.
- We value the power and voice within everyone, and work to
cultivate leadership at all levels: clients, staff, volunteers and
- We value community- and client-centered programs and services
that are multi-lingual, innovative, responsive and holistic in
- We value our staff and volunteers and their well-being. We
recognize and appreciate the unique strengths, knowledge, skills,
professionalism, competencies and expertise that they bring, along
with their leadership and representation of their respective
- We value developing community-based solutions and appreciate
and collaborate with our stakeholders and partners to bridge gaps
and maximize resources.
- We commit to excellence, continuous improvement, integrity,
accountability, and participation at all levels of our work. ACRS
seeks afull-timeCase Managerin our Employment & Citizenship
department who can provide entry level culturally competent case
management and employment services to job seekers that are
holistic, person-centered, and strengths-based, with the goal of
helping individuals achieve self sufficiency in the community.
Performs services in compliance with agency policies and with
contract and regulatory standards and requirements. ***Schedule:
Mon Fri, no weekend work! COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Pay range is between $46,400 to $50,700 annually.Can increase
based on experience with possible increases after 6 months from
date of hire.
- ACRS pays 75-85% of your medical and dental vision insurance on
or coinciding with your date of hire
- Vision insurance is available at a very minimal cost
- ACRS pays 100% of your life, AD&D and long-term disability
insurance on or coinciding with your date of hire
- Employer paid commuter card and free parking available
- Paid Time off:
- 8 hours of vacation accrued from day 1, available to use after
6 months of employment
- 8 hours of sick leave, accrued from day 1, available to use
once accrued, no waiting period
- 1 floating holiday, available after 1 year of employment
- 13 paid holidays
- IT equipment provided, with telecommuting reimbursement
- Flexibility with hybrid work
- 403b Retirement savings account
- Simplified Employee Pension
- Employee assistance program ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with clients to conduct a comprehensive assessment
addressing broad range of life domains and to develop and implement
a strengths-based individualized employment plan.
- Meets with clients to provide individual employment counseling,
assess progress in clients plans, and assist in job search
activities, such as resume development, completing job
applications, role playing job interviews, and providing job
preparation skills training workshops.
- Assists clients and provides advocacy and coordination in
accessing support services, training programs, and resources to
ensure clients training participation, employment, and/or job
- Provides follow-up case management to ensure successful job
retention, including maintaining regular contact with both client
and employer to ensure satisfaction with job placement, and to
troubleshoot and assist in problem-solving as necessary.
- Prepares concise, complete, and accurate program documentation
according to agency policy and system standards and in a timely
manner. Maintains complete and accurate case files and records.
Expected to meet program paperwork / documentation standards.
Expected to meet program performance and/or productivity
- Performs program outreach functions in the community. Explains
program policy and services to clients and others. Establishes and
maintains employer relationships to develop job placement
opportunities and in the coordination of employer services to
address training and other needs.
- Participates in training, staff and team meetings,
consultations, and conferences.
- Provides team back up when case coverage is needed.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or social/behavioral science;
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years of social service
- Associate's degree or equivalent in social work or social/
behavioral science plus two (2) years social services experience;
- HS diploma or equivalent, with four (4) years experience in
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and
services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and
practices. Prefer fluency in Asian languages.
- Knowledge of local labor market conditions, hiring trends and
employment practices, community resources and services, training
and employment services.
- Ability to develop: new employment prospects for program
participants and maintain good relations with existing employers;
and effective service strategy skills for limited English speaking,
culturally diverse, academically disadvantaged, and economically
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency
in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word
processing, calendaring, e-mail, and data entry. Efficiently
research and perform various tasks via the internet.
- Must have reliable transportation. If using a personal or an
agency vehicle to fulfill job duties, must have a valid driver's
license and be insurable under ACRS's auto policy. If using a
personal vehicle, must have current auto insurance including
coverage for work-related business. WORKING CONDITIONS:Regularly
required to walk; use hands and arms to reach and operate objects,
tools, or controls. Must occasionally lift up to/or move up to 20
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some work will be
performed offsite (e.g., home visits or external meetings). The
noise level in the work environment is moderate. LOCATION: Asian
Counseling and Referral Service - Main Office EOE STATEMENT: Asian
Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity
employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon
request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service
ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal,
military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and
employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring
accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco-Free
Keywords: Asian Counseling & Referral Service Inc, Seattle , EMP - Case Manager I (Employment & Training Services-Asian languages), Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!