Temp Senior Project Manager
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Who We Are: At VML, we are a beacon of innovation and growth in
an ever-evolving world. Our heritage is built upon a century of
combined expertise, where creativity meets technology, and diverse
perspectives ignite inspiration. With the merger of VMLY&R and
Wunderman Thompson, we have forged a new path as a growth partner
that is part creative agency, part consultancy, and part technology
powerhouse. Our global family now encompasses over 30,000 employees
across 150+ offices in 64 markets, each contributing to a culture
that values connection, belonging, and the power of differences.Our
expertise spans the entire customer journey, offering deep insights
in communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data,
production, and technology. We deliver end-to-end solutions that
result in revolutionary work. Who we are looking for: VML is
seeking a Temp Data Sr. Project Manager for our Seattle office. We
are looking for an enthusiastic critical thinker and problem solver
that thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. The
Data Sr. Project Manager acutely understands the opportunities and
constraints of a given project and takes responsibility for setting
and managing expectations internally and with clients. They
understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on
time and against agreed objectives. What you'll do: As a Data Sr.
Project Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating people
and processes to ensure that our client projects are delivered on
time and produce the desired results within the applicable
statement of work and budget. You will be the go-to person for
everything involving a project's organization and timeline. In this
specialized role, you will work directly with the team to lead
short-term and long-term engagements. You will proactively identify
risks and create mitigation plans to prevent project issues. You
will identify blockers, work with team members to remove them, and
keep projects on track with their timelines. Specific
responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead/facilitate project planning, scheduling, execution, and
provide status follow-ups.
- Provide weekly What's on Deck Email and develop/manage a team
- Remove blockers and drive towards efficient utilization of
organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Flag resource/bandwidth limitations while facilitating
collaboration with other teams to meet front-end and back-end
- Partner w/ Analytics Director to identify additional
tasks/dependencies within workstreams.
- Collect, compile, organize data from a variety of sources both
internally and externally.
- Manage Data requests/intake. Manage communication across all
teams, ensuring that communication and deliverables are organized
in a central location.
- Helps to ensure all project goals are aligned with SOW and
Client Requests while tracking 'on time' for all deliverables.
- Help identify and mitigate risks associated with the project,
using project tracking and data to anticipate potential issues and
take proactive steps to address them.
- Ensures project timelines are realistic and achievable based on
current resources, deliverables, and sub-tasks associated with each
stage of a project.
- Help adjust the project strategy and tactics as needed when
there are multiple dependencies.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within our process to
- Provide a more holistic view of the project, using data to
identify dependencies and interrelationships between different
components and stakeholders, and to manage resources and timelines
accordingly. What we need from our Sr. Project Manager:
- A high-level understanding of the process for each data
deliverable, including timelines/dependencies.
- Technical expertise: Familiarity with the data tools used for
each deliverable, the process for retrieving data, as well as the
process for getting access to specific datasets.
- Project management methodologies: MUST HAVE knowledge of
project management methodologies like Agile or Scrum, as well as
experience/understanding of data governance, data privacy, and data
- Leadership skills: able to help lead a team and inspire
/motivate them to achieve their goals. They must have excellent
communication skills to effectively collaborate and communicate
timelines, expectations, and reporting progress with the broader
- Team Management: Review and manage project budgets, timelines
and resources across projects.
- Track project progress, including early identification of risks
and associated mitigation strategies.
- Partnership: Partner with various Data Leaders and other
functional area colleagues, including, but not limited to: VP
Analytics, VP Strategy, and Director of Analytics.
- Adaptability: A Data Project Manager must be adaptable and
flexible in order to handle changing project requirements and
unexpected roadblocks. They must be able to adjust project plans
and timelines as needed, and track when/why things have changed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing projects in a
professional environment - agency or consulting environment
- Experience working with common project management tools such as
Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Slack/MS Teams,
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile,
Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and
time management skills.
- Effectively managing multiple deliverables, clients, and
projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and capable of adapting to constant
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and prioritize tasks in a
dynamic and fast-paced work environment. What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people - We champion a culture of people
that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture - We aim to embody the behaviors
to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing
both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we
simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits - What we offer full time hires ranges
from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical,
dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar
match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time
off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your
overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities - We aim to nurture a culture of
real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training
opportunities through VML and WPP, so you can continue to grow
personally and professionally. VML is an equal opportunity employer
and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship
status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or
mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in
creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and
inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to
help us achieve that goal. The compensation for this position at
the time of this posting is indicated below. Individual
compensation varies based on job-related factors, including
location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and
qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package. Click WPP
Benefits for more details. _ $55 - $60 USD At VML, we are committed
to fostering an all-inclusive work environment that is both
rewarding and career-forward. Our Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
initiatives, alongside the VML Foundation, reflect our dedication
to giving back and making a positive impact in our communities and
beyond. Our people are the heartbeat of our organization-creators,
doers, innovators, makers, and thinkers-who drive not just
marketing, but meaningful experiences that resonate in every action
and interaction. VML is a WPP Agency. For more information, please
visit our website, and follow VML on our social channels via
Instagram, LinkedIn,and X . When you click "Submit Application",
this will send any information you add below to VML. Before you do
this, we think it's a good idea to read through ourRecruitment
Recruitment Privacy Notice. This explains what we do with your
personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can
update the information you have provided us with or how to remove
Keywords: Knewin, Seattle , Temp Senior Project Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!