Casino and Hotel General Manager
Company: Noo-Kayet Development Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2019
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR GENERAL MANAGER Closing Date: SEPTEMBER
26, 2019 If you have questions or would like to request a complete
job description, contact Human Resources Recruitment Specialist,
Julie McGill 360-297-6163 firstname.lastname@example.org. The Point Casino
and Hotel, a Native American Casino, operated by the Port Gamble
SKlallam Tribe in the beautiful Kingston, Washington, conveniently
located directly across Puget Sound from Seattle, Washington, is
looking for our next GENERAL MANAGER. With our 94 room hotel and
the casino employing approximately 250 team members, our property
is 40,000 square feet featuring 700 slot machines and 8 table
games. We have a state of the art Event Center which seats upwards
of 700 guests. The Point Casino and Hotel is known for our dining
options including fine dining at the Little Boston Bistro,
delicious fresh local flare at the Market Fresh Buffet, casual
dining in the Point Julia Cafe and Pizza Pit Stop. The property
includes nightlife options like Cutter Cigar Club & Center Bar and
the Boom Room with a dance club atmosphere. Kingstons backyard
offers a wide range of things to do from outdoor recreation to wine
tastings in historic vineyards. To the west, you can find the next
adventure within the beautiful and vast Olympic National Park.
Here, you can experience a variety of natural regions from the
Pacific coastline, alpine mountains, and temperate rainforest, all
within a days drive. But stop in and enjoy the outstanding scenery
and lifestyle you just wont find anywhere else. If city life is
more your style, we have that too! Travel to and from Seattle is
fast and easy. Hop aboard one of the famous Washington State
Ferries or travel across the impressive Tacoma Narrows Bridge,
which is a short distance from North Kitsap. Experience live
concerts, theater, lively arts, cultural events, great shopping and
so much more; not to mention our beloved Seattle Seahawks,
Mariners, and Sounders and coming soon the NHL! Noo-Kayet Gaming
Corporation and The Point Casino and Hotel offer a competitive
salary and benefits package including, cost-effective health
insurance with one of nations largest insurance providers, generous
paid holidays at 14 per year, plus, a thriving workplace culture.
Under the direction of the Noo-Kayet Gaming Corporation CEO, THE
GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for the overall operation of, and
accountability for, the performance of the Noo-Kayet Gaming
Corporation, dba The Point Casino & Hotel. The General Manager
performs all the duties assigned by the CEO in overseeing all
operational aspects of the enterprise to maximize the profitability
of gaming operations in accordance with the organizational goals,
objects, policies and procedures, responsible for developing and
executing all strategies to achieve the appropriate financial
results. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Oversees day to day operations of the casino and hotel.
- Develop a strategic/business plan to advance the operations
mission and objectives to promote revenue, profitability and growth
in the organization.
- With relationship to job duties and job responsibilities;
ensure compliance with the Port Gamble SKlallam Tribe of Indians-
State of Washington Gaming Compact, Internal Controls, NIGC
Regulations and The Point Casino Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Washington State liquor laws to
maintain a valid liquor license for the state.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of the casino, hotel and
all Tribal gaming enterprises to ensure operational
- Review financial statements and management reports to
administer budgets in attainment of profit objectives.
- Participates in the preparation, implementation and approval
process of the organizations budget and monitors budgets.
- Develops and reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations
and forecast data to determine departmental progress toward stated
goals and objectives.
- Develop a team of highly qualified, well trained and
- Oversee, develop, mentor and coach directors and managers.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment with
high team member morale.
- Maintains effective and positive relationships and activities
internally and externally with employees, guests, local, state and
- Demonstrates effective leadership qualities and management
- Establishes policies that promote company and tribal culture
- Has full authority to hire, promote, terminate, suspend or
- Conducts regular meetings for management staff to ascertain the
communication and review of activities in each department.
- Approves marketing strategies and promotional programs.
- Responsible to plan and evaluate the addition of new services
- Analyzes data and makes decisions to improve revenue flow,
efficiencies and profitability.
- Exercise full range of supervisory duties for all department
managers, defining and delegating responsibilities and authorities
as appropriate, ensuring all functions and activities are
- Assist in the preparation, negotiation, implementation, and
monitoring, contracts and agreements that will enable the gaming
and hotel operations to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the CEO and
Noo-Kayet Board of Directors to foster the profitability and
integrity of the casino and to protect casino assets.
- Provide meaningful and timely financial reports to the
Noo-Kayet Board of Directors and Tribal Council as needed.
- Ensure and enforce tribal goals with reference to career
development, Native American preference and wages.
- Has access to sensitive areas including Casino, pit, casino
cage, card and dice storage, IT room and surveillance room.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications
throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- The General Manager will be required to make several short
trips a week to perform tasks. Local, regional, and out of state
travel will be required. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university
in business administration, business management, marketing, hotel
management, financing or gaming management.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive hotel and casino operations
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience to successfully perform the requirements of the job.
Prior Tribal casino experience is preferred.
- Minimum seven years prior experience in a strategic role such
as Executive/Director of Casino Operations/GM/CEO. Multiple
properties and/or multiple jurisdiction experience preferred.
- Must have strong business and technical acumen; background in
deploying new technology and systems to enhance revenue and/or
increase efficiencies including casino and slot management systems
and analytical tools.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and implementing
strategic plans, increasing market share and building
organizational infrastructure to support growth objectives.
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must have excellent analytical oral, written, and
- Proven leadership qualities of integrity, honesty and ethical
- Working knowledge of Tribal, State and Federal laws and
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality and gaming
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug
- Class III gaming license issued by the Washington State
Gambling Commission and Class II gaming license issued from the
Port Gamble SKlallam Gaming Commission.
Keywords: Noo-Kayet Development Corporation, Seattle , Casino and Hotel General Manager, Executive , Kingston, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!