Fire Protection Project Manager
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership are what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here s where you come in:
We are currently seeking an amazing Fire Protection Project Manager
to join our team as a member of our growing Fire Protection
division based out of our Seattle, Washington headquarters. This
individual will support and work on exciting, cutting-edge fire
protection construction projects around the greater Puget Sound
region. If you are looking to grow your career in project
management and in an exciting field, we want to talk to you!
You re great at:
Project Management and Controls
* Tracking current and future jobs while also projecting future
* Reviewing contracts, drawings, specifications and other resources
to answer questions.
* Developing, processing and tracking equipment, material and
* Coordinating equipment procurement with the purchasing department
and outside vendors to order and expedite material.
* Assisting in the development of the Scope of Work for
* Coordinating job set-up, site mobilization, project
administration, and closeout.
* Overseeing the scheduling and coordination of trades.
* Coordinating the McKinstry scope of work with the project
drawings and specifications.
* Assisting in preparation of Job Start and Project Closeout
project binders and meeting materials.
* Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reporting.
* Communicating with Architect, Engineer, and Owner, to assist the
Project Manager III with daily duties or act as Project Manager
* As necessary, coordinating field activities of self-performed and
* May assist with client jobs walks to assess the scope of
* May assist with the develops budgets in response to general
contractor requests for proposals; weighs risks versus benefits of
various potential jobs with input from SPG manager
* Managing customer relationships in order to maintain long-term
business growth; promptly answering client communications to
maintain McKinstry s customer service reputation.
* Creating and responding to Requests for Information (RFI).
* Create site-specific work plans.
* Creating and publish Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the
* Obtaining detailed knowledge of the contract, drawings, and
specifications for a project(s).
* Assisting in the client and subcontractor change order
* Creating billing breakdowns and preparing billing
* Updating and managing all project files. Including maintaining
employee, vendor, and miscellaneous files.
* Conducting quantity take-off and pricing estimates for internal
and external uses.
* Upholding and communicating McKinstry
* safety standards.
* Coordinating with the Safety team to create and communicate site
* Ensuring safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site
What we would like to see from you:
* Bachelor s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or
equivalent work experience preferred.
* A minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management,
engineering, or construction is required.
* Completion of OSHA 30 class is preferred.
* Experience working for a Fire Sprinkler or Mechanical
Subcontractor is preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and Outlook are required.
* Basic estimating skills required.
* Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Seattle , Fire Protection Project Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!