Company: RR Donnelley
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Project Manager Pre-Media Seattle, WA ID: 45389
As an Project Manager, you will be a key liaison between our
clients and our Creative/Production team. You will be expected to
manage projects including the collection of assets and information
from inception to completion, and must be proactive, quick
thinking, a problem solver and ultra-organized, ensuring account
satisfaction and service excellence. The Project Manager will
project manage the day-to-day execution and optimization of
Creative Services projects this includes the coordination of
projects, facilitating meetings and approvals, meeting notes,
establishing milestones and seeing projects through from inception
to completion. This may include assembly of work in test
environments. The Project Manager works closely with the designers,
copywriters, and production staff to ensure all projects respond to
the brief and that deadlines are met on time. Responsibilities Work
is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance
about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no
guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to
define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals
of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes,
identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work
- Act as a point-of-contact for content collection, brief review
and project management
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current and future materials for
the in-store environment
- Maintain positive and supportive working relationships with key
- Facilitate, attend and run kickoff meetings; to ensure all
outstanding questions are answered and that the direction follows
- Provide competitive research information as necessary to assist
in project development.
- Maintain project information in information systems as
- Ensure effective communications of relevant project information
to all stakeholders and incorporate feedback as required.
- Foster relationships and collaborate with clients to grow our
- Provide proactive updates to client and other stakeholders on
- Self-Traffic work to ensure design team deliverables follow
- Enter updates to customer project tracking system
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across
- Demonstrate understanding in each area of Creative Services
including: design, print production and prepress.
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in
appropriate resources from Creative Services as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and tracks
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals
and parts involved in the process.
- Proactively sell and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special
projects as assigned.
Required Skills The duties and responsibilities described above are
the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bachelors degree
in a related field and 5-7+ years of experience in marketing and/or
advertising, with a focus on Visual Merchandising and/or brand
management, project management or comparable experience with
progressively expanding responsibilities. Background in the retail
services industry preferred, and/or background in
advertising/design agencies. Well-rounded knowledge of print
production, brand development, strategic planning and the design
industry. Must be proactive, collaborative, driven and seek
excellence in execution of tasks. Strong project management skills,
organizational skills and time-management skills. Proven track
record with strong and effective customer relationships and
solution delivery. Superior writing, communication and presentation
skills, with the ability to listen for understanding.
Self-motivated, independent, creative, energetic, assertive
approach. Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic
environment. Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability
to work with cross-functional teams, internally and client-side.
Ability to anticipate needs on behalf of the customer, not only to
serve the customer but increase volume and profitability. Knowledge
of administrative software, including Microsoft Access; basic
working knowledge of design or development skills/software (Adobe
Creative Suite, including In Design and Photoshop, etc.) Ability to
problem solve, analyze potential solutions and use good sound
judgment to make decisions. Strong attention to detail is required.
Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed
virtual teams. Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding
customer satisfaction expectations. Must have the ability to work
independently. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills,
especially in situations involving consensus and team building with
strong problem solving skills. RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Seattle , Project Manager, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!