RN - Outpatient: General Gynecology
Company: Virginia Mason Medical Center
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job Number: 192923
Department: General Gynecology
Hours: 8:00 - 5:00
At Virginia Mason our Registered Nurses blend skill, expertise and
critical thinking with care, compassion and personal relationships
to truly connect with their patients. Ours is a culture that
fosters learning and innovation, and challenges you to reach your
This Outpatient RN position is for our Gynecology and Gynecologic
Our gynecology team provides a wide range of medical and surgical
services. These begin with annual exams that may include a Pap
smear and breast exam. Although current guidelines may recommend
that Pap smears of the cervix be done at less frequent intervals,
we recommend that all women continue to have a yearly evaluation to
make certain they are optimizing the health of their pelvic organs,
including vulva, vagina, uterus, tubes and ovaries, in addition to
the cervix. Our treatments and therapies cover, but are not limited
* Abnormal vaginal bleeding
* Annual gynecological exam
* Colposcopy - the evaluation of abnormal Pap smears
* Contraception, including long-acting reversible contraception
(IUDs, Nexplanon) and sterilization
* Fertility evaluation and initial treatment
* Gynecologic cancer, including uterine (endometrial), cervical and
* Menopausal evaluation and treatment, including hormone
* Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, including hysteroscopy,
advanced laparoscopy and robotic surgery
* Pelvic and vaginal infections
* Pelvic organ prolapse
* Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
* Urinary incontinence
* Urogynecology and reconstructive pelvic surgery
* Uterine fibroid treatment options
Patients are referred to other facilities for obstetrical care and
advanced infertility treatment such as in vitro fertilization and
donor oocyte programs.
Our Registered Nurses, physicians and other team members
collaborate to provide the most positive patient experience
possible. As the experts on the front line of patient care, you
will have the opportunity to provide input and insight in creating
change, improving process and reshaping the way our patient care is
As a Registered Nurse at Virginia Mason you are able to grow
personally and professionally as you make a dramatic difference in
the lives of others.
The responsibilities of the Registered Nurse includes:
* Coordinating and facilitating quality management of a broad based
outpatient population across the continuum of care.
* Providing skilled triage and assessment, education, collaboration
and coordination of healthcare and community resources,
* Supporting the care team in the provision of patient care.
* Providing patient advice
* Assisting in prioritizing daily work of the clinic
* Providing direction to team members, including oversight of
Medical Assistant's clinical competency.
* Coordinating with Hem/Onc team chemotherapy infusions and follow
up as well as daily rounds with the multidisciplinary team.
* Current Washington State licensure as an RN
* CPR certification is required every two years
* Bachelors of Science of Nursing
* Strong patient assessment skills, ability to work collaboratively
in team setting, current working knowledge of electronic medical
* Current RN experience with Gynecology-Oncology or general
oncology is strongly preferred.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and
benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added
potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to
your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding
yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the
vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in
the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will
instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle , RN - Outpatient: General Gynecology, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!