Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - PRN (located between Seattle & Tacoma
Company: NaphCare, Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
NaphCare has an excellent opportunity for PRN License Practical
(LPN) Nurses to join our team at the SCORE Jail in Des Moines, WA.
(just 25 minutes south of Seattle) The Licensed Practical Nurse
works under the direct supervision of the Health Services
Administrator (HSA) and Director of Nursing (DON), the Licensed
Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct and indirect
nursing care within the scope of the State Board of Nursing
Practice. 12 HOUR SHIFTS! Position Requirements: Must be a graduate
of an accredited program for practical or vocational nursing and
hold and maintain a current, unrestricted nursing license in the
state of employment, as well as a valid CPR card, with a minimum of
1 year clinical experience in a healthcare setting, with
correctional healthcare experience preferred. Position Summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator
(HSA), Director of Nursing (DON), and Registered Nurse(s) (RN), the
LPN/LVN is responsible for providing nursing care within the scope
of the State Board of Nursing Practice as directed by the
Registered Nurse(s). Performance Expectations:
- Use knowledge and expertise to ensure that nursing processes
and systems are followed appropriately according to policies and
procedures, company performance, and accreditation standards.
- Work cohesively with the HSA, DON and RN(s) in the coordination
of the healthcare delivery system, as well as other functions
within the facility.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to
the position with no supervision, and assist with staff training as
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, and employees at
all levels within the organization. Maintain clear lines of
communication throughout issue-resolution processes.
- Demonstrate personal performance based on professional practice
standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations and
- Take and document all patient history and vital signs, assist
with examinations and/or treatments, and report all changes in
- Administer all medications and document same on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR) in TechCareTM.
- Perform venipuncture and I.V. therapy, as approved by immediate
- Collect samples, specimens, and cultures as requested by
- Assist with daily triage/sick call, minor medical/surgical
procedures, and transcribe all therapeutic orders generated by the
- Initiate and document prescribed protocol treatment in
compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete at least 12 hours of CEU pertinent to correctional
health care annually.
- Assist with evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the
clinical services and assist in developing systems to ensure and
monitor patient care and safety.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining
self-control when under pressure, separating professional from
personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high
degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by
setting an example.
- Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings as
assigned and required in accordance with contract compliance.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management
that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations
or patient care. Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs,
correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs,
prison health services jobs
Keywords: NaphCare, Inc., Seattle , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - PRN (located between Seattle & Tacoma, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!