Per- Diem Registration Representative PNW Therapy - Silverdale, WA
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare.
Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to
value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare
experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are
you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that
gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare
services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to
take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARYResponsible for duties
in support of departmental efficiencies which may include: but not
limited to performing administrative duties, scheduling,
registration, reception and patient check out functions. Must
obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information.
Registration Representatives also must employ proper, compliant
patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date
of service.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the
following. Others may be assigned.
- Administrative duties, to include but not limited to, schedule
management, including calendars and schedules for providers at
various facilities. Takes meeting notes, minutes and follow up
action items. Completes data entry assignments along with creating
various reports for departments and management.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care,
provides world-class customer service, completes full patient
registration on date of service, adheres to financial & cash
control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures
Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives,
Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message
from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information,
create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming
Hospital services. Schedules diagnostic procedures (enters data in
scheduling system, provide customer with appointment instructions,
other tasks as needed).
- Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs
proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before,
during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash
reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial &
cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, verifies insurance,
benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration
financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance
authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and
secures inpatient visit notification to payors. Performs
scheduling, checks out patients and coordinates after care for
patients.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through
oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Must be able to perform essential job duties in a Patient
Access service area.
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect
money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both
internal and external Clients that lead to more effective
communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders,
medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer
Standards of Care.EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education,
technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0 - 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0 - 1 year administrative experience in medical facility,
health insurance, or related area preferred
- Some college coursework is preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods
- Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Seattle , Per- Diem Registration Representative PNW Therapy - Silverdale, WA, Healthcare , Silverdale, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!