RN - Pain Services
Company: Swedish Health Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in Pain Services at Swedish Issaquah in
Seattle, WA.The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional,
comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care
environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe,
compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients
and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and
spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the
lifespan.In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care
to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote
the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing,
and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality.
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture
of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and
evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and
collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional
care team to integrate nursing knowledge.Qualifications:Required
qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher
within 6 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to
obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each
facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in
consultation with the Human Resources leader.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- 12 months of acute care experience working with the patient
population similar to department of hire or completion of the
specialty residency located at that facility.Preferred
qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing upon hire.
- National Certification in area of specialtyAbout the Issaquah
Campus.With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly
design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to
be different. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient
and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care,
obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary
care and a host of other medical and surgical services and
specialists.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our
caregivers. For more information,
MissionOur Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each
person we serve.Our Vision is Health for a Better World.About
UsSwedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the
greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses
(First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency
rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the
Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of
more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout
the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000
caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers.
Whether through physician clinics, education, research and
innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the
people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military
status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Full-timeShift: DayJob Category: Nursing - OtherLocation:
Washington-IssaquahWork Locations: Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751
Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029Req ID: 329117
Keywords: Swedish Health Services, Seattle , RN - Pain Services, Healthcare , Issaquah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!