Company: Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health
Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization
committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human,
housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities,
specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar
proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity,
immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless
of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services
includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health
clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational
services. We are recruiting for the following position:
Sea Mar is a mandatory COVID-19 and flu vaccine organization
Nurse Manager - Posting #21454
Full-time Nurse Manager position available for our medical clinic
in Vashon Island.. Sea Mar Community Health Centers is accredited
by The Joint Commission and recognized by the National Committee of
Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
level III. The Nurse Manager works in conjunction with Health
Center Administrator and Clinical Director in daily operations of
the clinic. The Nurse Manager oversees clinical and administrative
supervision of all the nursing department personnel in the
- Manage the day to day operations and work flows for the Nursing
Department, as part of the overall care team in an ambulatory care
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels for the department based on
established provider FTE ratios.
- Recruit, hire and train all nursing department staff;
participate in the hiring of other care team members as
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to department
staff and others in the care team, utilizing excellent team
building and motivational skills.
- Evaluate work performance of the MA supervisor and medical
assistant staff as per organizational policy.
- Implement nursing policies and procedures in collaboration with
the Medical Director and the Health Center Administrator to meet
Sea Mar's standards, philosophy, and governmental regulations.
- Perform monthly audits (quality improvement audits, etc.---)
and demonstrate knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as they
apply to health centers
- Focus clinic efforts on patient satisfaction, clinical quality
measures, HEDIS, and Meaningful Use standards.
- Provide annual MA trainings (Infection control, sterilization
- Oversee and maintain a patient care system for nurse
- Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Registered Nurse, B.S.N., A.D.N and licensed to practice
nursing in the State of Washington highly preferred or
- LPN and licensed to practice nursing in the State of
- Must be able to make decisions independently and have a good
sense of medical priority.
- Must possess the ability to solve practical problems in a
variety of situations where only limited standardization
- Must possess strong leadership and management skills with a
strong clinical background in ambulatory care.
- Two-Three years of experience in nursing supervision as well as
management experience preferred.
- Ideal candidates would be Registered Nurses who have good
critical thinking, leadership and management skills; have
experience as a floor nurse, working closely with provider and
nursing department staff.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to
work in a dynamic and growing community health organization.
Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a
job, it's a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The
fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time
employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit
package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription
coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program),
paid-time-off starting at 27 days per year + 10 paid Holidays. We
also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to
work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and
click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the
position, email Kerry Barnes, HCA at KerryBarnes@seamarchc.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 03/23/2021
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.seamar.org.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Seattle , Nurse Manager, Healthcare , Vashon, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!