Posted on: May 14, 2022
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus.The First Hill
Surgery Center is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team on
a full-time basis to work in an ambulatory surgery center setting
in Seattle, WA.
SPECIFIC SCHEDULE:Hours: 3x10's. Days to be
determined.LOCATION:First Hill Surgery Center
The RN functions as an integral member of the team and is
responsible for providing personalized patient care in the
peri-operative setting. The RNs communication, conduct and
performance should support the ASC efforts in becoming a High
The RN is responsible for and not limited to:
- Provide nursing care in the peri-operative setting (pre op,
phase 1, phase 2).
- Ability to safely care for patients from pediatrics to
geriatrics in a high volume/fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a clean, neat and efficient working environment.
- Perform ECG, urine pregnancy, glucometer, I-stat testing/lab
draws, bladder scan, insertion of PIV as required.
- Manage patients admission to the ASC, recovery, and discharge
from the ASC.
- Assess the status of the patient in pre op and ensure patient
identification is accurate.
- Ensure patients consents are accurate and complete.
- Assess pre-operative vital signs to ensure they are within
acceptable parameters for scheduled the surgical procedure.
- Perform an initial assessment on arrival in the PACU.
- Manage patients airways to include airway adjunct
- Plan and document in the EHR (EPIC).
- Administer narcotic and non-narcotic medication per facility
- Prepare and assist anesthesia provider with patients receiving
- Manage emergency situations and provide effective resuscitation
- Follow established policies and procedures related to the
- Prepare patients for discharge and provide discharge
- Understand and deliver quality customer service consistent with
the FHSC efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
- Follow HIPPAA regulations.
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing
- Coordinate the patients transition through the peri-operative
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
- Communication, conduct and dress to portray a professional
quality at all times and are in compliance with the ASC appropriate
surgical attire policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
RN.Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Washington State license.
- BLS and ACLS certification is required. PALS certification also
required, but may be obtained within the first six months of
- PACU, ER or ICU experience required.Other Requirements:
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this
role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and
local regulations as well as all client requirements and will
obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure
compliance.UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees
to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In
addition, when in a worksite building, employees are expected to
wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be
Interested in learning more? Lets talk about our opportunities and
your career growth!by Jobble
Keywords: Optum, Seattle , Registered Nurse-Pre-0p/PACU, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!