Veterinary Nursing Coach
Company: Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle is seeking experienced
veterinary nurses/technicians who have a passion for veterinary
nursing and are interested in amplifying excellence in the
We invest heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness.
We offer wonderful benefit packages including health, vision,
dental, life, matching 401k, paid time off as well as pet benefits!
For more information see our website:
We are opening the VSCNC position to support nursing operations and
mentor veterinary technicians and assistants within Veterinary
Specialty Center of Seattle. This is a chance to utilize your
knowledge, expertise, and experience to help drive and positively
influence the quality of care for pets and people in a big way! The
VSCNC is a role model of Thrive Pet Healthcare's values, upholds
best practices, and provides training expertise to team members in
a specialty and emergency environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Veterinary
Nurse/Technician in various clinical settings clinical setting.
RVT, CVT or LVT preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in leadership, management, or
supervision, previous teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrable metrics of success in servant leadership and
mentoring and coaching
- Current or previous proven contributor as part of a
well-functioning, highly effective Team
- History of exemplary performance evaluations
- Possess Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional technical skills and knowledge
- Solution oriented
- Exceptional medical math skills
- Must be able to work a flexible scheduleReports to Hospital
Staff Manager.Position overview:
- Support and elevate Technicians and Assistants to help them
realize their optimal individual and team potential.
- Work with VSCS hospital leadership teams, to identify goals and
areas of need within the practice where support can be offered; to
help create, implement, and support standards, tools and processes
within the Veterinary Specialty Center training program (in-house
and/or outsourced); and map out training plans for technical,
client care, and other departments as necessary to support
organizational goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and strategize with VSCS hospital leadership teams
to develop and implement optimal nursing processes and
- Collaborates with Hospital Staff Manager to ensure recruiting
needs are met.
- Mentor and support Lead Technicians at the hospital level, to
empower their leadership and mentoring skills, by providing tools
and solutions to utilize
- Provide support and suggestions on improving staff workflow,
structure, utilization, and efficiency to promote best practices
and to ensure growth and enrichment of staff.
- Provide, coordinate, and facilitate effective
Technician/Technician Assistant onboarding, training, and
- Help Technicians/Technician Assistants develop critical
thinking skills and gain confidence.
- Working with Hospital Staff Manager, help develop key
performance indicators and hold Technician Team Leaders and others
accountable for achieving metrics of success. Monthly progress
reports with hospital leadership to determine traction.
- Optimize efficient utilization of resources within the hospital
(including scaling expertise, personnel, supplies, equipment).
- Identify and foster local nursing talent and pathways for
growth (i.e., leadership, surgery, dental, value communicator,
inpatient, exam room, specialty, etc.)
- Utilize, implement, and coach leaders on Thrive's Training
Process using skill and knowledge assessments and formulating
individual, focused training plans for each team member.
- Work collaboratively with the Ecosystem Nursing Coach and
Hospital Staff Manager to design, prepare and identify educational
aids and materials to support staff training, didactic, practical,
case method, discussion, active learning, cooperative learning and
integrating technology, and assign subject matter experts when
appropriate, to assure the highest level of training.
- Meet monthly with National Director of Nursing and other Thrive
Ecosystem Nurse Coaches to forge a support network, promote and
develop Thrive Training Processes and boost Thrive's Learning
tools. Attend scheduled hospital leadership meetings to provide
feedback on training, staffing and employee growth and
- Attend leadership and planning meetings to maintain vision and
core values, identify milestones, to-dos, potholes, etc., regarding
training and progression of employees, enforcing accountability as
needed for the leadership teams and support staff.
- Coach Nursing leaders and others through conflict
- Model, mentor, and foster:
- Direct, respectful communication
- Exceptional patient care
- Professionalism and an emotionally intelligent culture
- A collaborative Team approach
- Help nurture a healthy work environment and life
Keywords: Veterinary Specialty Center of Seattle, Seattle , Veterinary Nursing Coach, Healthcare , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!