Medication Nurse (LPN) - Mukilteo Evaluation & Treatment
Company: Compass Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Medication Nurse - Part Time - 25hrs shiftMukilteo
Compass Health is currently looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse
for our E&T Program in Mukilteo, WA. As a member of the
multi-disciplinary team, the Medication Nurse administers
medications and provides other appropriate nursing care.Compass
Health's Evaluation and Treatment facility provides a 16-bed
inpatient program in Mukilteo to mentally ill adults under 72-hour
involuntary detention and/or 14-day commitment in accordance with
Washington State Involuntary Treatment Act, RCW 71.05.Evaluation
begins upon admission to obtain baseline information and to assess
physical status, preform psychological evaluation and mental status
examination and determine global functioning. The data is
continually updated in an individualized treatment plan to provide
the highest quality of care possible in a dynamic situation.
Clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction are assessed and the
data is used to improve treatment within our quality improvement
What you will be performingAs a member of the multi-disciplinary
team, the Medication Nurse administers medications and provides
other appropriate nursing care.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with
prescriptions from a psychiatric prescriber, monitors client
responses to medication, and provides individualized medication
- Transcribes medication orders written by a prescriber.
- Participates as a member of the treatment team.
- Confers with treatment team on issues of medication compliance
- Stocks and orders medications and medical supplies, and
coordinates with external pharmacy as needed.
- Helps to maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Conducts medication education groups as needed.
- Takes phone orders from providers for medications or other
- Performs ordered blood draws and coordinates with outside
- Responds to medical emergencies and performs appropriate
nursing/medical and first aid interventions.
- Participates in regularly scheduled supervision and team
What you will be carrying along
- Current Washington State LPN or RN License.
- 2 years of psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification and Food Handlers permit,
or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
What you will be sharing
- Thorough knowledge of medication use and potential side
- Thorough knowledge of nursing issues pertaining to the patient
population served in the program along with thorough understanding
of the nursing process and intervention strategies used to address
- Thorough knowledge of involuntary commitment laws.
What we will be offeringAs the region's largest non-profit
community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving
our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment
to care doesn't stop with our clients though, as we take pride in
offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that
promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on
employee satisfaction and work/life balance.(Benefits pro-rated for
part-time team members)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan after the first
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st & 3rd
anniversary with Compass!
- And much, much more!!
ABOUT USCompass Health is the region's largest private, non-profit
organization providing mental health and chemical dependency
services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom
counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative
services to children, families and adults in a variety of
outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been
serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though
our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we take
pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a
culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We
maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance,
which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Please visit our website for more information:
www.compasshealth.org.Compass Health promotes equal treatment and
equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees
regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion,
age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide
Job Title: Medication Nurse
Program: 450-56000 E&T
Hours: Part Time - Weekend Day shift, Saturday and Sunday from
08:00am to 08:30pm - 25hrs part-time
Keywords: Compass Health, Seattle , Medication Nurse (LPN) - Mukilteo Evaluation & Treatment, Healthcare , Mukilteo, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!