Certified Medical Assistant - Specialty surgery
Company: DrSnip - The Vasectomy Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionTHE ORGANIZATIONDrSnip® is an independent
outpatient vasectomy clinic that prioritizes quality clinical care
and a best-in-class patient experience. Our team is passionate
about providing superior service to patients and educating the
public about vasectomy. Our mission is to make vasectomy simple,
comfortable, and convenient for all.JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYWe are
currently seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistants to join
our team. The CMA collects and documents patient history
information, takes vital signs, and prepares patients for
examinations and procedures. They assist the physician before,
during, and after procedures with surgical instruments and supplies
preparation, packing, and sterilization.The CMA also helps prepare
patients by discussing in detail the male reproductive system,
birth control options, and the no-needle vasectomy procedure; by
informing patients of risks, complications, and aftercare
instructions; and by answering any other questions patients may
have.Overall, the CMA is an integral part of our clinical team and
helps to provide an excellent patient experience.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIESPatient Flow/Care and Surgery Assisting:
- Embody the mission of DrSnip and personify our mission,
culture, and values.
- Greet patients and bring them to the exam room; assure their
- Record blood pressure, temperature, and other vital signs
before and after the procedure.
- Answer patient questions pre- and post-procedure.
- Maintain exam rooms readiness for patients; be ready to assist
during and after surgery.
- Open vasectomy pack and supplies using sterile technique.
- Monitor and safeguard equipment and sterile field in the
room.Instrument and Equipment Preparation and Care:
- Protect and maintain all medical and surgical instruments ready
for patient care.
- Prepare the sterile packs needed for scheduled procedures.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe lab environment.
- Clean, maintain, and test autoclave.
- Help to maintain microscope and other medical equipment.
- Decontaminate, wash, and sterilize surgical instruments.
- Set up surgical table, light, cautery, preparatory
- Remove garbage, clean table and surfaces between patients, ad
hoc cleaning.Other duties:
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, WISHA, CLIA, and HIPAA.
- Oversee disposal of medical waste and sharps biohazard
- Log and maintain material safety data relating to chemicals and
- Track clinical inventory and support management in reordering
- Protect patient confidentiality and the proprietary materials
and information of the clinic.
- Promote and participate in Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Ensure the Policy & Procedure Manual is followed regarding your
areas of responsibility.
- Report to the doctor and Clinic Manager any environmental
hazards or deficiencies.REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Active Medical Assistant certification.
- 3+ years' patient-facing MA experience.
- Current state licenses, HIV certifications, and Hepatitis B
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and health insurance
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Robust organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A collaborative approach to working as a team member.
- A warm and professional demeanor.LOCATION
- This role will work be in Seattle clinic
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position
- Full-time hour can be completed in four-day weeks.
- Must be available on Saturdays.COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Wage: Minimum $25 hour; more with relevant experience
- Benefits: Generous PTO & paid holidays, stipend for health
insurance premiums, 401(k) matching contributions, free
parking.COVID-19 update: Only vaccinated candidates will be
considered for this position.Powered by JazzHRYIZMsC7tba
Keywords: DrSnip - The Vasectomy Clinic, Seattle , Certified Medical Assistant - Specialty surgery, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!