Infection Control Preventionist / Licensed Nurse
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Mercer Island
Posted on: August 8, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Making a difference in the
lives of others that's what working at Covenant Living is all
about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and
every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From
improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind
for them and their families, our team members know that as a part
of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the
nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking
qualified candidates for Nurse Managers, RN to help in fulfilling
our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our
residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join
our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of
our everyday environment and build your health care career in a
supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in
assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care. Essential
functions Infection Preventionist (RN or LPN):
- Interprets and Implements established Center Infection Control
policies, processes, and regulations for nursing staff.
- Supervises and evaluated nursing staff conformance to Center
policies, processes, and regulations.
- Demonstrates concern for residents' welfare by rendering
immediate assistance as necessary.
- As Infection Control Preventionist, implements, educates, and
maintains trending records of infection occurring in Center.
- Provides monthly and quarterly infection control reports to
DNS, ED, and Quality Assurance (QA) Committee with proposed action
plans for review and approval.
- Makes appropriate Center reports to Medical Director and Public
Health Agency per State regulation for reportable diseases.
- Observes and teaches Center infection control policies and
processes to employees.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to identify concerns, report in
an objective manner, and take appropriate corrective action.
- Participates in and contributes meaningful information in
meetings relating to resident care and Quality Assurance in the
- Infection Prevention Certification preferred.
- Experience in Nursing Home/SNF.The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must be currently licensed as an RN in the State.
- 2 years nursing experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.For full time employees, we
offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Seattle , Infection Control Preventionist / Licensed Nurse, Healthcare , Mercer Island, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!