Trainee, Medical Lab Tech
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Medical Lab Technician Trainee performs test procedures of
moderate/high complexity requiring some independent judgment and
use of instrumentation under the direct supervision of delegated
laboratory personnel in those specialties in which the Technician
Trainee is qualified by education, training and experience. The
Technician Trainee is responsible for assuring that a given test
system is operated in accordance with the laboratory's procedure
manual and that the applicable quality control requirements are
met. The incumbent actively complies with all company and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing assigned tests under the direction
of delegated technologists or supervisor in accordance with the
laboratory's procedure manual, ensuring that applicable quality
control requirements are met.
- Ensures that test systems are in control for each test
- Ensures that each test is performed according to the schedule
outlined by laboratory protocol.
- Responsible for informing supervisory personnel of all problems
associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Reports any actual or potential deviation from standard or
accepted testing procedures, and cooperates fully with
investigation of same.
- Pulls and files pending lists daily to ensure testing is
performed in accordance with posted departmental turn-around
- Maintains laboratory areas and equipment in a safe, functional
and sanitary condition.
- Adheres to all established laboratory safety
- Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b)
engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and
- Performs other job-related/miscellaneous duties as assigned by
- See addendum, if applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Basic theoretical and operational job knowledge necessary to
perform assigned test procedures.
- Ability to learn or knowledge of basic computer terminal
- AS or BS Degree in a biological, chemical or physical science
from an accredited institution - or-
- 60 semester hours, which include 24 semester hours as outlined
- 6 hours in Biology
- 6 hours in Chemistry
- 12 additional hours in any combination of Biology, Chemistry or
Medical lab technology courses
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and
effectively with supervisor, co-workers and clients.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Communication skills necessary to handle telephone inquiries
- Ability to deal with client/patient information in a
EDUCATION Associates DegreeBachelor's Degree
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Seattle , Trainee, Medical Lab Tech, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!