Interventionist Nurse Researcher - Tacoma
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSSIBLE SATURDAYS. -Would you like to fill an important role on
a CDC research study to see how well the COVID and flu vaccines
work? We are hiring for three Kaiser Permanente Washington clinics
(Tacoma, Olympia, or Silverdale).This posting is for research staff
to work at Urgent Care in Tacoma.The Research Nurse Interventionist
-will review EPIC schedules, screen, consent, administer a
questionnaire, do a fingerstick, and perform nose and throat swabs
on participants that are being seen at Urgent Care.Utilizes
professional clinical skills, education and/or experience in
project planning and implementation of data collection for complex
clinical/health research trials. Utilizes professional clinical
skills/training for independent decision making for data
collection/trial intervention(s)/evaluation. The scope of
responsibility for a Research Interventionist is greater than that
for a Clinical Research Specialist due to any combination of the
following: greater level of independent safety or clinical decision
making required; greater level of specialized clinical knowledge
required; substantial contribution to areas such as project
intervention materials, plans, study design and research papers;
and comprehensive consultation role on policies and
- Performs clinical evaluation/intervention/measurements
requiring professional clinical knowledge/education/training.
- Utilizes clinical knowledge and skills to evaluate participant
responses and make subsequent decisions around patient safety and
- Provides professional expertise in day-to-day coordination of
- Develops project intervention plans and tools, data collection
instruments, manual of operations, trains new employees, prepares
reports, etc. Plans, implements and monitors participant safety and
data quality control measures.
- Evaluates responses of participants and makes independent
clinical judgments regarding responses to clinical
- Participates as part of the research project team, attends
project meetings, and identifies problems and proposes
- May perform medical record review requiring professional
clinical background/education/ experience for correct
interpretation and data collection.
- May perform telephone interviews, in-person interviews or
physical assessments requiring professional clinical
background/education.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing professional
functions required by the project. -Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. -License, Certification, Registration
- N/A -Additional Requirements:
- Experience with individual and/or group counseling and/or
facilitation, and related research experience.
- Knowledge of research data collection requirements and
specialized clinical intervention/measurement/assessment skills as
required by the projects.
- A thorough understanding of regulatory policies governing
industry practices, HIPAA requirements for clinical research, and
knowledgeable about patient safety and quality control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Continual updating of skills and knowledge related to research.
- Masters degree or PhD in health-related field.
- Certifications, licenses, or degrees as determined by the needs
of the research projects, such as, registered nurse, nurse
practitioner, certified mental health therapist/specialist, MSW,
pharmacist, physical therapist, certified health education
specialist, clinical psychologist, acupuncturist as applicable to
research project and field of study by date of hire/transfer.Job
Schedule: Job Category: Research & Development, Vaccine Clinics
Keywords: Kaiser, Seattle , Interventionist Nurse Researcher - Tacoma, Healthcare , Allyn, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!