Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.
PT PharmacistUS-WA-KentJob ID: 1Type: Regular Part-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: PharmacyKent, WA (CAPS Seattle)Overview CAPS ,
the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies,
has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and
solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28
years. Along with the nation's largest 503A sterile injectable
outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding
on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing
facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety,
CAPS is your 503B solution. CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of
Companies in the U.S. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Responsible for the preparation compounded sterile products using
and related activities under the direction of the Director of
Pharmacy. Assists in the supervision of IV technicians, interns and
other support personnel. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique
and CAPS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assures pharmacy compliance with rules and regulations of the
State Board of Pharmacy and other regulating agencies.
- Reviews orders and prescriptions for admixing and dispensing.
Resolves order discrepancies and problems with customer pharmacy
- Provides after hour On Call coverage. Expertise: Knowledge &
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate CAPS automation equipment.
- Ability to work well with other CAPS employees and the
- Knowledge of cleanroom functions, aseptic technique, USP 797
- Ability to interface with customers and apply good phone
etiquette skills when speaking to customers.
- Ability to perform laboratory skills and Quality Control
Coordinator functions as assigned.
- Knowledge of company polices and procedures and the ability to
monitor for compliance.
- Computer literate in windows environment and computer
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications -
- BS/Pharm.D. Degree from accredited school of pharmacy.
- Licensure from the state board of pharmacy.
- As determined by supervisor.
- Participates in and delivers training as required. Desired:
- Two to three years of professional experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in preparation of compounded
sterile products in a hospital or homecare pharmacy setting. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. .
Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Assists in the training of IV technicians, interns and new
staff pharmacists at the direction of the DOP.
- Participates in CAPS Continuous Quality Improvement Program and
performs Quality Control Coordinator functions as assigned.
- Assists in pharmacy operation, including troubleshooting
equipment problems, ordering supplies and maintaining
- Maintains a positive customer relationship.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervises IV technicians and interns, reviewing their work for
accuracy while assuring compliance with CAPS Standard Operating
- Provides employee performance feedback to Director of the
Pharmacy. The preceding functions have been provided as examples of
the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different
positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, grasp, stoop, pull and perform repetitive
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Indoors, cleanroom, working environment limited to a small
area, wearing protective cleanroom attire, tolerating warm
temperatures and loud noise. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. What We OfferB. Braun offers an
excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k)
plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and
our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at . Through its
Sharing Expertise initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for
continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Notices
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Seattle , PT Pharmacist, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!