Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant, Inpatient Orthopedics
Company: University of Washington
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant ("APP") - Inpatient
Harborview Medical Center is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider
to join its growing Orthopedics team.
The current opening is for full time, days.
The Orthopedic APP will have responsibility for the care of
in-patients 7 days a week, including an expectation of some
potential off shift coverage, as well as weekends and holidays.
There is no OR time or clinic duties.
The Orthopedic APP will have general independence and
decision-making responsibility in the care of the orthopedic
patient on the inpatient units, under the guidance of the attending
physicians, and in consultation with Fellows and residents. The
orthopedic APP works in collaboration with the care coordinators,
and social workers to discharge patients safely and efficiently.
General administrative supervision is under the direction of the
Assistant Director of ARNPs and PAs (APPs), and clinical
supervision is under the direction of the medical director. The APP
is responsible for coordination of direct patient care,
documentation of care delivered, adherence to hospital and nursing
policies, procedures, and practice standards. Provide clinical
expertise and education to patients and staff. The APPs participate
in research and teaching programs.
Harborview (HMC) is the only level 1 adult and pediatric trauma
center serving Washington, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. HMC is owned
by King County, governed by a county-appointed Board of Trustees,
and managed by the University of Washington (UW). Harborview serves
as one of the training sites for the UW School of Medicine, Medex
and School of Nursing programs and is a public/safety-net hospital
for our diverse community. We provide high quality, state-of-the
art advanced health care for all.
* Medical history review and interpret patient data to formulate
treatment plans based on diagnosis and when necessary consulting
with Attending physician, fellow, or residents
* Work collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely
communications with the nursing staff.
* Round with teams and collaborate with residents on daily tasks
needed such as ordering labs, suture removal, wound care, drain
removal, x-ray ordering and follow up
* Provide education and updates to patients and family members
regarding care plan
* Recognize and evaluate situations which call for immediate
attention and when necessary, institute emergency procedures.
* Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational
therapy, and home health services.
* Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications including
controlled substances with DEA authorization.
* Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting
physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and
implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual
patient/family preference and enhances quality, access, and
* Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of
services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs
* Review and update protocols in collaboration with physician.
* Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of
peers and other health professionals.
* Nurse Practitioner:
* Must be an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP).
* Masters or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school
* AND Washington State Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
License with prescriptive privileges
* AND National certification as an Acute Care Nurse
* Physician Assistant:
* Licensure as a Physician's Assistant in the State of
* AND national certification from a national certifying body
* BLS/ACLS certification required
* Applicant must be eligible to receive hospital staff appointments
for adjunct staff membership by the Organized Medial Staff of the
hospital under Medical Staff By-Laws for hospital-based
Applicants considered for this position will be required to
disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or
current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their
current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required
under Washington state law.
Keywords: University of Washington, Seattle , Nurse Practitioner Or Physician Assistant, Inpatient Orthopedics, Healthcare , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!