Staff Nurse Primary Care
Posted on: March 18, 2023
A $10,000 sign on bonus will be offered to new hires for this
Provide nursing care to a defined group of patients, adhering to
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington ambulatory Nursing Care
Standards, the Nursing Code of Ethics and Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington policies. Coordinate and facilitate Health Care
services for the patient in other segments of the Health Care
delivery system. Provide and coordinate nursing care for the
patient in collaboration with the Health Care team. The Registered
Nurse is an integral member of the Health Care team, overseeing and
participating in patient assessment and the formulation and
implementation of the care plan.
- Using the nursing process, provides ongoing assessment of the
nursing care needs of a defined group of patients. Uses nursing
diagnosis to describe this assessment.
- Develops a written plan of care for patient care needs. Assists
patients and families/significant others in developing health care
goals which are part of the individualized plan of care.
- Determines priorities of patient care based on essential
patient needs and available resources.
- Provides nursing interventions safely and competently.
- Provides the patient and family/significant others with
information preceding interventions.
- Provides telephone consultation to patients and
family/significant others Provides ongoing evaluation of the
patients response to care.
- Anticipates and recognizes changes in the patients status and
need for nursing care.
- Modifies the individual plan of care in collaboration with the
health care team.
- Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and psychological
effects of normal aging by assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating care to meet the needs of those populations served.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific
age populations served.
- Identifies own learning needs and participates in educational
programs related to those age-specific patient populations served
(Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Geriatric).
- Collaborates, communicates and coordinates with other health
care team members in planning and implementing care. Assesses the
needs of designated patients requiring hospitalization; initiates
nursing admission database and discharge planning in collaboration
with inpatient staff and physician.
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with other team members
in order to accomplish the workload.
- Communicates recognition of the patients and family/significant
others psychosocial, cultural and emotional needs in each
- Orients patients and family/significant others to the role of
the professional nurse and other health care team members, the
nursing services available, and the means of access to those
services. Reinforces orientation to the Consumer Bill of Rights and
- Identifies the patients educational needs as part of the
- Develops an educational component for each nursing care plan.
Provides teaching/counseling congruent with patients and
family/significant others learning needs and the medical plan of
- Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical
regimens. Teaching is based on scientific and behavioral
- Assesses patient lifestyle risk factors. Integrates health
promotion and preventive aspects of care with the ongoing
assessment of nursing care needs. Works with patient to develop a
plan to improve general health status. Implements physical and
psychological preventive measures.
- Promotes patient self-care responsibility for meeting their own
health needs. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards.
- Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to
KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control
standards and guidelines, including the guidelines for reporting
- Identifies own learning needs and participates in continued
education programs to meet those needs. Participates in staff
orientation and student education activities.
- Collaborates with managers in completing the process for self
and colleague/team performance reviews.
- Assures quality of care through development, implementation and
evaluation of professional nursing standards and participation in
multidisciplinary quality assurance activities.
- Participates in professional activities. Participates in
nursing research and incorporates research findings into nursing
practice. Adheres to KFHPW personnel policies and maintains a high
standard of professional work habits. Consistently demonstrates an
appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.
- Primary Care - Act as clinical resource for team
member-review/anticipate patient needs, plan with the team &
intervene when necessary.
- Participate in daily huddle, help solve unusual challenges.
Identify high-risk patients using established criteria, coordinate
multi-disciplinary team & resources to support patient care needs,
provide care coordination/management for chronic medically complex
or fragile patients. Incorporate prevention: address patient care
need "gaps" into every visit; act as patient advocate.
- Assess, anticipate & accommodate for age-specific needs (all
ages, pediatric, geriatric, etc.), anticipate & accommodate patient
disabilities & limitation, access resources for interpretive
- Medical Specialties - Allergy, Cardiology, Oncology, Neurology,
Pulmonology, Dermatology, Diabetes Care, Consultative Internal
Medicine, Urology, Endocrinology & more. Work with populations of
patients to coordinate, manage, & evaluate care. Coordinate
multi-disciplinary team resources to support care of complex
patients. Perform complex nursing procedures such as: chemotherapy
administration, pulmonary rehab, anticoagulation management
pre/post procedures, nursing procedures requiring concurrent
assessment of patients & clinical judgment for change in
- Surgical Services - General Surgery, ENT, Womens Health,
Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Procedures, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics &
more. Patient/Family teaching & counseling for select complex
procedures or high risk patients to enhance surgical outcomes &
self-management pre- & postoperatively.
- Perform complex nursing procedures such as wound care,
administer IV medications, and specialty specific procedures that
require concurrent assessment of patient.
- Perioperative Services/Operating Room: provide nursing care of
patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. Work
collaboratively to develop, coordinate, & implement a plan of care
that is patient & outcome focuses.
- Urgent Care - Use your ICU/ER background to take care of
patients ranging from acute MI, sepsis, cardiac arrhythmias, & all
other urgent & critical conditions. Work in close relationship with
a team of MDs, Advanced Practice Providers with the support of a
- Other - The Consulting Nurse Service provides high quality,
consistent telephonic nursing advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
including triage for acute & chronic care needs, care coordination
& home care advice. Acute Care/Hospital Services: Assess, evaluate
& perform tasks & duties to provide safe & quality care to medical,
surgical & telemetry patients working with other disciplines such
as physicians, dieticians, OT/PT to meet patient care needs.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making
- Ambulatory care nursing experience
- Primary nursing or case management experience.
- Bachelor of science in Nursing (BSN).
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Seattle , Staff Nurse Primary Care, Healthcare , Pacific, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...