Ophthalmic Assistant/Medical Assistant - Bellevue
Posted on: March 20, 2023
--Job Summary:Provide technical and patient care support either
in a clinic or on the phone as a member of the Eye Care team. In
clinic perform measurement and evaluation tests and perform
specified procedures. On phone acts as a triage point for urgent,
emergent and general Eye Care needs. May support fitting of contact
lenses and provide patient instruction.Essential
- Patient Assessment: --Anticipates and recognizes changes in the
patients eye health status and needs for eye care.
- Clinic only - History taking: Presenting complaint/history of
presenting illness, past ocular history, family history, systemic
illness, past and present, medications, allergies and drug
- Phone only - Using the Eye Care triage process, provides
telephone consultation to patients. Determines priorities of
patient care based on essential patient needs and available
- Clinical Exam (clinic only) --
- Basic Testing Skills: methods of measuring/recording acuity,
color vision testing, lensometry, A-scan biometry, Exophthalmometry
Amsler Grid, Schirmer, Tests Evaluation of Pupils, Estimation of
Anterior chamber depth, Visual field evaluation.
- Perform Patient Services Procedures: Ocular dressings and
shields, Drug delivery, spectacle principles, assisting patient,
minor surgery assist and instruction. --
- Instrument Maintenance: Acuity projectors, ophthalmoscopes,
retinoscopes, lensometers, perimeters, tangent screen, phoropters,
slit lamps, ultrasound, keratometers, lenses, tonometers, muscle
light, special instruments, surgical instruments.
- Clinic - May check-in or make --follow up appointments.
- Phone - Provides appropriate schedule guidance through use of
technical skill and judgement along with established
- Patient Care: --Encourages patient compliance with established
therapeutic and medical treatment. --Promotes patient self-care
responsibility for meeting their own eye health needs. --Adheres to
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington documentation
standards. --Provides a safe environment for each patient and
adheres to Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington safety
- Clinic - Basic principles, fitting procedures, patient
instruction, trouble-shooting problems, verification of lenses,
cash handling, retail opinions for contact lenses.Sign On Bonus:
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Medical Assistant (Washington) required at hire
- Opthalmic Assistant Certificate required at hireAdditional
- Computer experience in a MS Windows environment; keyboarding
- Customer service skills.
- General medical knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation,
anatomy, physiology, systemic diseases, ocular diseases, ocular
emergencies and metric conversion fundamentals of microbial
- Experience working with contact lens patients and
- Experience working in an ophthalmology or optometry
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant, ophthalmic
assistant, or allied health professional program.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Clinical Support, Medical Assistant
Keywords: Kaiser, Seattle , Ophthalmic Assistant/Medical Assistant - Bellevue, Healthcare , Suquamish, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...