Traveling Periodontics Dental Assistant
Company: Pacific Dental Services
Location: Gig Harbor
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Now is the time to join a fast growing organization. You will
have opportunities to learn new skills from our team of experienced
professionals. If you're ready to take your career to the next
level and gain valuable experience, apply today!
The primary role of the Dental Assistant is to support the success
of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient
Experience (PPE), thus creating a Patient for Life (PFL). Dental
assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and
laboratory duties. Dental assistants prepare patients for oral
examination and assist other dental professionals in providing
treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums. Dental assistants must
work effectively with co-workers including Specialty dental
assistants, patients, and the front office by sharing ideas in a
constructive and positive manner. A successful dental assistant
will execute active listening to objectively consider ideas and
suggestions from others, keep commitments; keep others informed of
work progress, and address problems constructively to identify
practical business solutions.
Specialty Dental Assistants If dental assistant is assigned within
specialty areas including: Endodontics, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics,
Periodontics or Pediatric, they will primarily be supporting
clinicians within that specialty and may be required to have
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state's
Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in the PPE by striving to keep your
patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their
individual needs and concerns.
- Escort patients to/from the front desk and introduce them to
other team members as appropriate.
- Communicate with the front and back office teams to ensure the
Orthodontists schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment; clean each
operatory in accordance with the state applicable infection control
- Prepare patients for treatment and assist the dentist- thereby
enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- At the direction of the clinician, complete radiographs and
intra-oral pictures of patients in an efficient and timely
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate
supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed to provide
efficient patient care.
- Keep the patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care
as directed by the clinician.
- Record patient charting and all the clinician's notes in the
digital patient chart as directed by the clinician.
- Support patient care by presenting treatment record, consents
and health history to clinician prior to patient treatment.
- Ensure equipment is maintained according to manufacturer's
- Work closely with Lead Dental Assistant to ensure adequate
clinical supplies are on hand.
- Utilize technology by learning how to operate and give
explanation/demonstration of how to operate to others.
- Participate in daily morning huddles, monthly team meetings and
any other meetings as required.
- Models company culture, values, standards and best operational
practices based on the "We Believes."
- Demonstrates stewardship of the PDS Brand making decisions
consistent with the PDS Brand framework.
- Implements the Perfect Patient Experience process in efforts to
gain Patients for Life.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
in accordance with company policies; addresses others
professionally and respectfully.
- Ensures Compliance with Company policies, as well as State,
Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Qualifications
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree
(GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for
certification, licensure, or registration.
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable
- Specialty Dental Assistants must possess and maintain a valid
driver's license and automobile insurance. Driver's license must be
verified by completing a background check and motor vehicle record
check at the time of hire.
- Specialty Dental Assistants are required to timely travel to
multiple offices per day, in some cases several times per day, and
must have reliable means of transportation to travel to assigned
- In lieu of a valid driver's license and automobile insurance,
Specialty Dental Assistant must have reliable means of alternate
transportation which would allow for required, timely travel to
multiple offices per day, in some cases several times per day.
- Travel may be planned or unplanned and is subject to change
without notice. Preferred
- One-year certificate from an accredited college or technical
school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from patients, staff,
vendors, or other members of the business community.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in
making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to interact with other Clinicians and Owner Doctors
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure
manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information,
both verbally and in writing, to patients and co-workers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to maneuver through basic computer software.
- Results Oriented (Energetic self-starter; sets realistic goals;
meets commitments; persistent, prioritizes daily to achieve
- Customer Service Advocate (flexible and adaptive; empathetic;
- Influencer (active listener/observer of behavior; creates a
win/win need for change)
- Self-motivated, reliable individual capable of working
independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task effectively without compromising the
quality of the work.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Ability to handle and maintain extreme confidentially Patient
- Organized, detail-oriented individual able to work in a
fast-paced environment. Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time to volunteer in your local community
Pacific Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create
healthier and happier team members.
$19.25-$27.00 / Hourly
Keywords: Pacific Dental Services, Seattle , Traveling Periodontics Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Gig Harbor, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...